The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I' ve seen a few cars (don't remember exactly if they were Elise or Exige) with the flag emblem on the fender. Was that an option from the factory? Is it a sticker, or something that is secured with screws? The thought just entered my mind that MAYBE it'll look cool on my 2006 Elise, or not, Lol.
Thanks,

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
The 2001> has the decal on the fender. Compare the part number with the rear decal. If same the you know it's just a difference in placement. If different, well who cares it's a decal. If not too big put it where you like...

Someone on the forums sells an etched one. Wish I had bought that. The one I bought from lotus is colored. Not sure which I bought. Not a complete fan on where I located it on my car. My own fault.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Think light. Lotus light. A thick metallic with screws is for a different car than hours.

I liked a pretty big one on each of our Lotus, but decided it did not add to the Europa.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Where did you get yours? And they're stuck on with adhesive?
Thanks,
The ones that 2011 CO suggested are the real deal.

I have used different ones over the years that I found on ebay or even Amazon. Just peel off the back and stick on, hopefully straight the first time. Never had any trouble getting them off.

Keith Chulick made me the one for the front, sized for the Elise front clam.

·
Registered
No lotus yet, but cant wait to get one
76 Posts

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Those enamel badges are very nice, classy. But heavier. These are Lotus after all.

·
Registered
No lotus yet, but cant wait to get one
76 Posts
Yeah but if you really wanted to save that amount of weight, you could easily not eat as much lunch... its a very minute amount, and I think the benefits of the enamel (which is that in my opinion, it looks way better) greatly outweigh the downsides.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,622 Posts
The ones on my Exige were just a sticker I got off the internet.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Or you could get this enamel badge for your fender...

I can somewhat reluctantly accept paying 20 euros for 2 emblems, because I prefer that size (52 mm x 30 mm). However, the shipping cost of 27 euros is hard to take. So no emblem for me for now.
The ebay ones are just too large (2.4" x 1"), doesn't look good on the Elise, IMO.
Thanks for the link,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts