The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post any and all pics from this year's event. I'll start with the LA convoy that made its way up on Friday morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That pea soup place they ate at (Pea Soup Anderson's) is actually pretty good. I ate there once when stuck in a big traffic jam in front of it!!! It sounds gross- but turned me into a pea soup fan! The whole trip looks like grand fun!!!! Wish I had been there!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a beautiful day at the track today. Saw a bunch of Lotus people at the Corral on the infield of the track. I took a bunch of pictures and i'll post the "Lotus-centric" ones first. Some classic Lotus vehicles, including Mario Andretti driving the JPS 1978 Lotus Formula 1 car.

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:shift:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Laguna is too cheap to pave their corral areas? :(

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Did a quick once over on the photos. I’ll download the rest in the next few days and post a link. Timo Glock came from the back of the pack to win the “Race of Legends” It was great seeing Mario taking the Lotus out for a few hot laps, think they said he was running around 1:27.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Any comments on the Concourso venue? I was surprised to see it there, I think I would miss being able to sit on the golf course and eat lunch next to the cars of my choice....this was part of the reason I didn't go...

Jim

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Only started going to it when they had it at the golf course at Seaside. Could image what it may have been like at the Quails Lodge. At the airport the back drop was lots of concrete and a few airplane hangers. Given the current setting, not sure how many will be back for next (heard of a few that weren't too happy with it). Missed it the last few years. Might skip it next year and do the afternoon/evening rally in Pacific Grove.

·
Banned
874 Posts
what is the name of that purplish Lotus in the front of the first pic? Looks NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE:drool:

·
Registered
308 Posts
The last time I went to Concorso was the last year at Quail lodge I think, was the year they had about 25 or so Miura's there, Lambo's 40th? anniversary, ate lunch sitting next to a Lusso and a 288 GTO, two of my favs. I don't think it would be the same on the plane parking lot, I have heard other not so great feedback, probably won't be there next year....

Jim

1 - 20 of 35 Posts