The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the past couple weeks I've run across a couple very unusual cars.

I was driving down Olympic Blvd in Santa Monica and saw coming towards me not one BUT 2 Mercedes 300 Gullwings
One red and one blue.

Last week I stopped at a red light next to a Saturn station wagon
I glanced at the girl driving it and realized she was sitting on the wrong side. It was a RH drive Saturn wagon in Los Angeles. I had no idea such a thing existed and can't see how one found it's way to LA.

Steve

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I've seen both a Norfolk yellow and an Ardent Red Lotus M100 Elan in the last week:D

Last week on I-95 I saw some gigantic SUV that looked like it could also go thru water or be a amphibian-car. It had about 3 feet of ground clearence, and looked fairly new, and it wasnt modified, but I have no ideas of what it was. I was shocked that it was street legal, but it had a molded area in the back of it where the license plate fit into, and had the name of a dealership on it, but it was too small for me to read.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Sownman said:
Just in the past couple weeks I've run across a couple very unusual cars.

I was driving down Olympic Blvd in Santa Monica and saw coming towards me not one BUT 2 Mercedes 300 Gullwings
One red and one blue.

Last week I stopped at a red light next to a Saturn station wagon
I glanced at the girl driving it and realized she was sitting on the wrong side. It was a RH drive Saturn wagon in Los Angeles. I had no idea such a thing existed and can't see how one found it's way to LA.

Steve
Gullwings are fantastic, but your Saturn sighting is nothing more than a private contract mail deliverer.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Re: Re: Unusual car sightings

_JD_ said:
Gullwings are fantastic, but your Saturn sighting is nothing more than a private contract mail deliverer.
aah, indeed, you see other cars in RHD in rural mail routes.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Unusual car sightings

_JD_ said:
your Saturn sighting is nothing more than a private contract mail deliverer.
In the imortal word of Homer Simpson...

DOH !!!

Never thought of that

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
transio said:
I saw a T-Rex a few weeks ago. Not sure if you'd call it a car.
I just saw one the other day too! What a weird looking thing to see on the road. It's definately not a car but more of a Motorcycle Trike. Certainly interesting though.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I saw an Enzo getting on the 10 from the 405 heading towards Santa Monica a couple weeks ago... It was noisy. ;)

Speaking of Unusual cars, has anyone in the LA area been to the Nethercutt Collection (museum) in Sylmar? What an amazing museum. It has some incredible machinery from Bugattis to Pierce Arrows, old steam powered cars & the only complete Rolls Royce Phantom collection in the world... and, it's free. :) There's an appointment only musuem across the street that has even more collectable cars and old machinery (also free).

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Well...the thread is titled "Unusual car sightings" :)

I saw this on Pacific Coast Highway along Newport Coast this past weekend. It is a Fiat Multipla...the first one I've ever seen in the US (this picture is a file copy, but in the same color as the one I saw).

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
A little while ago I saw a Smart Roadster coupe driving around with a Michigan manufacturer plate on it.

I also see a metallic blue Scion Tc driving around here a lot (TRD is close by so I bet its theirs).

I saw a Toyota 2000GT on the road but that doesn`t really count since it was leaving the Toyota owners and restores club meet.

Oh and I saw a Bricklin SV1 a few weeks ago. At the time I didn`t know what the heck that was!

I see lambos, ferraris, aston martins and the like a lot too.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile a few years ago, and last year saw the Hersey's chocolate drop mobile. Saw on the Vector cars a couple months ago in a used exotic car dealer near me, Vector Aeromotive, looked too busy, like a Pontiac Grand Am.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
You just never know what you might see around Newport Beach. This has been parked outside an Army/Navy store on Pacific Coast Highway in West Newport forever. I'm always saying I've got to get a picture of that thing. Well, I happened by there again today with my camera. I don't know the story behind it.

Transio, this looks like something you might be interested in. :D

Attachments

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
I've seen that before, it's the JEEP South Central. This particular one is fully loaded! LOL!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts