1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone going anywhere soon?

I think my next event wont be until July 6th

TrackDaze open track day..

although debating June 22nd NJMP Lighting..

I am reg'd for VIR on July 13th

https://www.trackdaze.com/

I probably wont get to a FATT at Summit until August 15th,Sept 12th and Oct 10th... and if they add any "Seat time" events.

http://summitpoint-raceway.com/programs/friday-at-the-track/

Also want to get on Shenedoah (why don't they do more there?) and may do a Trackdaze event in Sept... but it's a Sunday and... Sept...so gotta watch football... :p

Maybe something else...watkins glen Sept 2nd?

ChinMotorsports.com - Event Calendar

nothing good with SCCA.. Performance Driving eXperience and Time Trials

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh cool..That should be fun... I didn't sign up for hyperfest.. so many people everywhere lol.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Oh cool..That should be fun... I didn't sign up for hyperfest.. so many people everywhere lol.
Yeah, last year was my first hyperfest experience...definitely interesting, but fun. This will be my first time on the track. I'm on the waiting list for the June 28th SATT, but we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about to sign up for trackdaze NJMP (lightning in Millville NJ) for just the Sunday (going up sat night) on the 22nd if anyone wants to go... although I will not be riding back (heading to NY after).

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would love to participate in some driving events with my Elise. I just need someone to push me over the edge. I've done driving events with the BMW CCA before -but never "independently" and I'm not sure of my options around here (Charlottesville) and the track prep required.

-Chris

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should do the VIR event, it's not too far from you... just make sure you have good tires and upgrade your brake pads/fluids. I use carbotech Xp12 pads up front and 10's in the rear

·
Registered
181 Posts
You should do the VIR event, it's not too far from you... just make sure you have good tires and upgrade your brake pads/fluids. I use carbotech Xp12 pads up front and 10's in the rear
Any idea how to find an available event -preferably with someone who can instruct in the Elise?

-C

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm going to Lime Rock with SCDA on Sept 25. Not really nearby on the calendar or geographically, but I'm *really* looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
July 2nd at The Glen with Lotus Ltd.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Silver_Surfer, Almighty, and possibly myself will be going.

They are doing a couple of the HPDE sessions.

You could possibly be coming now? Sicknasty! When will you know for sure?

We might be meeting up with some other friends in the area to caravan out, so we could plan for a semi centralized meeting point.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

We might be meeting up with some other friends in the area to caravan out, so we could plan for a semi centralized meeting point.
I Pm'd DJbrainC this morning, but I'll repost it here to discuss.

People coming from Arlington need to muster at my house NLT 0530. Looking at the map, depending on where DJ will be coming from looks like we can meet up somewhere in Leesburg or Berryville, both meet up spots will be a bit out of the way for him though. DJ, let us know your preferred route and we can see what we can do. Duane, Mark and I need to be checked in at Summit NLT 0730.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...t8QySeQ&oq=2623+South+wayne+c&mra=ls&t=m&z=10

·
Registered
712 Posts
Your place at 5:30 am!? So early. That means I'll have to wake up at 5:27am in order to make it to your place on time.

Not cool bro.

·
Registered
364 Posts

I'm in for sure - not doing any of the track portion but still bringing the car/being moral support for your apex glory/fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts