The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Gary Hagan who is the West Coast Sales rep. He is on the road right now and couldn't give me a status check on my car #11 at Desert European. However, he did explain that Lotus USA had requested cars to be built in order of deposit, so that the dealers would get them in order of deposit. However, Hethel can't build one red car, one yellow car etc. So because of the batching of colors the cars may not come out in exact order of deposit. The other thing he said was they had had reliability problems with the wheels on the sport pack and initial orders with sport pack were delayed about 45 days. That problem has been resolved but the early orders are obviously delayed.

I also talked to Pat Marsh at Desert European and he still doesn't have any cars but is expecting the first 3 within 72 hours(their demo plus two others). Gary confrimed this information about Desert European. I will be talking to Gary again on Friday and will report to all any info I find out. Bottom line folks this is all part of growing pains going from 150 cars a year to 2200 cars thats about a 15 fold increase. If I did that with my business I would be buried!!!!

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
thanks for the great news! If correct I'll be driving da demo on Saturday!! Yippie Kaiyay!!!

hey I'll paste this in the Desert Euro thread.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
shay2nak said:
thanks for the great news! If correct I'll be driving da demo on Saturday!! Yippie Kaiyay!!!
I expect a full report on the stage 1 exhaust. That's the last decision I need to make. Well, except for the drive it up or ship it question.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt G, I was told that they were in fact "color batching" . Now I didn't get any specifics like 5 of one color or 20 of one color but i was told that that is what is happening. It would make sense when the cars are painted to at least do several of the same color again. I will ask on Friday how much c"color batching' They are doing. If anyone has any other questions please let me know and I will try and find out some answers
mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts