The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email from Greg and he has received my ecu from Komotec. Should get it this coming week. Unfortunately I’m headed on a two week vacation July 1st so I wont have time to get It installed and on a Dyno before I leave.

Komotec sent a handheld with it in case they need to make adjustments once it’s actually in the car on the Dyno.

I’m excited about getting this done as I started this process around December last year. between delays in getting the spare ecu, getting it tuned to my car with factory tune, shipped to Komotec then back to GRP and now to me, it’s been a while.

I also had to send off one of the Ohlins TTX for repair as my son had a slight mishap at Daytona and it was leaking. Turns out something is bent and the part is shipping from Sweden. Been waiting on it since the end of May. I was told I should have it by end of this month. Hopefully that will be back when I return from vacation.

So best case I’ll have it up and running middle of July.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
Got an email from Greg and he has received my ecu from Komotec. Should get it this coming week. Unfortunately I’m headed on a two week vacation July 1st so I wont have time to get It installed and on a Dyno before I leave.

Komotec sent a handheld with it in case they need to make adjustments once it’s actually in the car on the Dyno.

I’m excited about getting this done as I started this process around December last year. between delays in getting the spare ecu, getting it tuned to my car with factory tune, shipped to Komotec then back to GRP and now to me, it’s been a while.

I also had to send off one of the Ohlins TTX for repair as my son had a slight mishap at Daytona and it was leaking. Turns out something is bent and the part is shipping from Sweden. Been waiting on it since the end of May. I was told I should have it by end of this month. Hopefully that will be back when I return from vacation.

So best case I’ll have it up and running middle of July.
Many GT owners will be waiting on the edge of their seats. You're the first and the way you've modified your car you've done everything top notch!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
What will take time and be most telling is how the tranny survives longer term.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT / carbon pack, track’d out
262 Posts
Super interested. I haven’t made an updated post on my 20 GT build (I will soon, exciting new goods in) but am currently on the verge of ordering a KT475 kit or working with Inokinetic to develop headers/intake tune based on dyno feedback.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll get the ecu with tune in this week. I’d hoped to get it done this weekend. I’ve been incredibly busy.
I know Komotec is also anxiously waiting. They sent me a tuner as well. I’ll reach out to Greg today and see if they have any special instructions for me when I put it on the Dyno.
I’m going to put the OEM wheels/tires on and the OEM titanium exhaust so the car will be the same as the baseline Dyno I did last year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it’s finally installed!! After months and months of waiting I finally got the Komo-Tec 475 tuned ECU installed today. Absolutely no issues. Unplugged the existing ECU and plugged in the new one. Car fired right up. I did drive it around the area a bit, but I did not receive the CAI with the ECU as originally planned. So I’ll wait to let it “learn“ when I have everything installed. I shot an email to Greg on Sunday and he’s got a BOE CAI on the way.. it should be here before my Dyno appointment on Friday.

I did take off the GRP titanium exhaust and reinstalled the OEM titanium exhaust. I also put my OEM 19” and 20” wheels back on. When I did my baseline Dyno this is how the car was equippe. This way it will be the same as when I baselined the car before I started adding the goodies.

Hopefully some good numbers by the end of the week.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
Well it’s finally installed!! After months and months of waiting I finally got the Komo-Tec 475 tuned ECU installed today. Absolutely no issues. Unplugged the existing ECU and plugged in the new one. Car fired right up. I did drive it around the area a bit, but I did not receive the CAI with the ECU as originally planned. So I’ll wait to let it “learn“ when I have everything installed. I shot an email to Greg on Sunday and he’s got a BOE CAI on the way.. it should be here before my Dyno appointment on Friday.

I did take off the GRP titanium exhaust and reinstalled the OEM titanium exhaust. I also put my OEM 19” and 20” wheels back on. When I did my baseline Dyno this is how the car was equippe. This way it will be the same as when I baselined the car before I started adding the goodies.

Hopefully some good numbers by the end of the week.
Fantastic that you are going to all the effort to replicate your original baseline so a true comparison can be obtained. Thank you!

Reactions: TJBNJ

·
Registered
487 Posts
Fantastic that you are going to all the effort to replicate your original baseline so a true comparison can be obtained. Thank you!
Agreed! Thanks for putting in the time and effort, so many people don't bother and then you don't get even remotely useful data. Can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
165 Posts
Really appreciate the efforts to get stuff as close as possible and prove performance. Plus good to see what komotec+grp can do for us. Well okay. You guys. CA and tunes....

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Let's see if they actually deliver the goods and the tranny holds up under your usage

Reactions: Lckitty

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Let's see if they actually deliver the goods and the tranny holds up under your usage
I’m having Allen Strommer, formerly of VSA Motorsports, build me another transmission. I’ve had zero problems with the OEM transmission on the GT, but since I bought the GTN I decided a spare would be needed at some point.

Speaking with Allen, the transmission VSA developed alongside Lotus Racing for the GTN/Lotus Cup project went through extensive testing including a run on Lotus race simulator. Allen said they went through about 10-12 different builds before settling on the final version.

I’m expecting the new transmission to be completed sometime next month.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
I’m having Allen Strommer, formerly of VSA Motorsports, build me another transmission. I’ve had zero problems with the OEM transmission on the GT, but since I bought the GTN I decided a spare would be needed at some point.

Speaking with Allen, the transmission VSA developed alongside Lotus Racing for the GTN/Lotus Cup project went through extensive testing including a run on Lotus race simulator. Allen said they went through about 10-12 different builds before settling on the final version.

I’m expecting the new transmission to be completed sometime next month.
Sounds like you're really on top of this project of yours and plan "B" for everything is in place!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the ‘21 GT out on the road today. Not too many miles, but some spirited bursts New tune, OEM 19”&20” wheels and OEM titanium exhaust. I haven’t driven the car for a few months and I haven’t driven it on the street for at least 6-8 months.
Seat of the pants says the car is definitely putting down more power. It’ll be interesting to see tomorrow what it does.

What a blast to drive. Since PBIR closed down in April I’ve only been on track twice at Sebring and I took the GTN both times and the 350R once. Those were HPDE events.

My GT500 had been down for 4-5 months for a new DCT transmission, new driveshaft and axle half shafts(boots melted from the heat at Daytona) Finally got it back last month.

Sebring Driving Club starts next Tuesday. We have the track open all day. Hoping to get the Evora GT, GT500 and the GT350R out there. I’m not sure it will be worth much with the extreme heat. We had the 350R out a month ago and it heat soaked after 5 laps.
We ran the GTN at Sebring and had some issues with the gearbox cooler. Changed out the Weldon pump a few weeks ago. Seems to have solved the issue.
The GTN is at the shop for corner balance, track inspection, alignment and just overall inspections. I’m hoping to sort it out over the next 2 months and get into a AER or WRL race in October and November. If the car is sorted and we feel like it’ll be competitive we will run a full race season next year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How is Sebring for HDPE and are there many available during the year? I'm still eyeing moving to Florida in a few years and Jupiter just lost points with the PBIR closing.
Sebring is one of my favorite tracks down here. And there are HPDE events almost every month and many months twice a month.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts