The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some DIY tips if you guys want to swap your Evora series 1 with series 2 carbon fiber tailgate (Evora 410/430/GT):

Make sure you unplug both electrical wires and unclip all the plastic tie zips first; before unbolted the hatch. I over looked and only unclip 2 of them. I wasted about 30 minutes trying to unclip the zip ties while the hatch already disconnected from the hinge.

There are 4 wires:
  • Green with Purple stripe – is the CHMSL (3rd brake light)
  • Red with Gray stripe – is the latch switch
  • Solid Back – is the ground
  • Green with Pink stripe – is the rear window defroster
For the CF tailgate swap you only need to connect wires 1-3 above. I can’t find the parts for the s1 clips; so, I just reuse the clips from my s1. I also reuse the latch from s1 but order the 3rd brake light. The s1 brake light doesn’t fit the CF. This 3rd brake light is the same one on the Evora 400. It costed me about $60 including shipping from DeRoure Ltd (deroure.com). Make sure you connect the ground both ground wires (see the pictures below). It will take couple tries to align the CF tailgate to the rear of the Evora, just be patient. It’s best to have 2 helpers. I have my two boys holding the rear while I align and tighten the bolts.

Attachments

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
Thanks. I'm waiting for the last of my parts to arrive and then will be mounting an OEM CF tailgate to my 400. Appreciate the tips.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here are some DIY tips if you guys want to swap your Evora series 1 with series 2 carbon fiber tailgate (Evora 410/430/GT):

Make sure you unplug both electrical wires and unclip all the plastic tie zips first; before unbolted the hatch. I over looked and only unclip 2 of them. I wasted about 30 minutes trying to unclip the zip ties while the hatch already disconnected from the hinge.

There are 4 wires:
  • Green with Purple stripe – is the CHMSL (3rd brake light)
  • Red with Gray stripe – is the latch switch
  • Solid Back – is the ground
  • Green with Pink stripe – is the rear window defroster
For the CF tailgate swap you only need to connect wires 1-3 above. I can’t find the parts for the s1 clips; so, I just reuse the clips from my s1. I also reuse the latch from s1 but order the 3rd brake light. The s1 brake light doesn’t fit the CF. This 3rd brake light is the same one on the Evora 400. It costed me about $60 including shipping from DeRoure Ltd (deroure.com). Make sure you connect the ground both ground wires (see the pictures below). It will take couple tries to align the CF tailgate to the rear of the Evora, just be patient. It’s best to have 2 helpers. I have my two boys holding the rear while I align and tighten the bolts.

View attachment 1256281

View attachment 1256282
Where did the second ground wire come from above? And also do you have more pictures of where is goes?
I'm having major cluster issues and I'm thinking it's definitely a ground issue

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did the second ground wire come from above? And also do you have more pictures of where is goes?
I'm having major cluster issues and I'm thinking it's definitely a ground issue
The 2nd ground wire is where my index finger is pointing in my first picture. Put that ground wire through the same hole for the rear taillight and screw it in (near my arrow drawing) in my second picture.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased the hatch and access panel bundle Lotus recently put out. I'm wondering what you did for the prop rod. I've looked at what few pictures I can find on the web showing where it should mount but can't find anything exact. There don't appear to be any existing holes on the S1 so I'm guessing I will have to drill. Looking for some advice from anyone that's done this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts