The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my IVA-505 junk to the better INA-W900BT. I have exp installing radios but was wondering what was involved in the swap. Is the harness, sirrus module, antenna, mic etc.. all different or is it a easy swap of the deck?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Upgrade... The new unit is far superior.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I want to upgrade my IVA-505 junk to the better INA-W900BT. I have exp installing radios but was wondering what was involved in the swap. Is the harness, sirrus module, antenna, mic etc.. all different or is it a easy swap of the deck?
On June 22, 2012 I changed the head units from the Alpine INA-W900 to the new INA-S920HD. A few reason I switched. 1st I am the type of person that needs to have the newest release products The other is I wanted Pandora and a few other features. If you stay with Alpine it’s an easy switch. The harness in our cars for the W900 & W910 is plug and play. If you go to the new generations of head-units like the INA-S920HD you will need to relocate the reverse wire so the backup camera knows when to turn on(white and black wire goes to green wire on the harness). Reason for the reroute the W900 has a separate wire not in the main harness plug (orange & white that goes to the harness green wire) When you upgrade to the new unit you need to replace the Sirius module (KCA-SC100) because this version is not compatible with the new generation of head units coming out (SXV200 with SiriusXM replay chip on board). Either way it should be an easy job for some. I have my Alpine W-900 for sale in the sales section of LOTUS-TALK. I bought my car new on 3-25-12 and it only has 2,400 miles so the W900 from my car is just like new. ;)

Details on the unit below.
920HD
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ine-s920hd?utm_source=AlpineUSA&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=INE-S920HD

W-900
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. After doing more research it looks like this Pioneer AppRadio2 may even fit the bill better. It looks really clean and doesn't even have a pioneer logo on it which will look real factory. Its also nice the way it integrates with the phone.

AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) - In-Dash iPhone® 4/4S and Android™ Compatible Car Receiver with 7" Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen, Built-In Bluetooth for Hands-Free Calling, and On-Screen Access to Compatible Smartphone Apps | Pioneer Electroni

What do you guys think. I may pull the trigger on this today and install it this weekend.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. After doing more research it looks like this Pioneer AppRadio2 may even fit the bill better. It looks really clean and doesn't even have a pioneer logo on it which will look real factory. Its also nice the way it integrates with the phone.

AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) - In-Dash iPhone® 4/4S and Android™ Compatible Car Receiver with 7" Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen, Built-In Bluetooth for Hands-Free Calling, and On-Screen Access to Compatible Smartphone Apps | Pioneer Electroni

What do you guys think. I may pull the trigger on this today and install it this weekend.
Looks really slick, and I love the Pandora integration. You would lose navigation though, correct?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks really slick, and I love the Pandora integration. You would lose navigation though, correct?

No it uses the iPhone google maps. It looks pretty cool. It can also us GPS drive.

Take a look at this technical video on the older version below. The newer one has a bigger screen and more features.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts