The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thinking about swapping the suspension of my Elise. I'm still new in AutoX but I have touring suspension and while it's not bad, it could be improved...

Now, I have the option to buy a used LSS setup for roughly $350. Will this give a noticeable difference between stock ? I know that springs are firmer.

Or should I take a anti-roll bar instead ?

I'm not ready to drop $2k+ for new coilovers.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
You mean you have the base suspension? There is no touring suspension.

What kind of tires are you running? If on street tires, I don't think it's worth switching for $350. Instead I would maximize front camber by pulling the front camber shims. Personally I don't like what only a front sway bar does for track handling, but they are popular with auto-xers. If you are not an experienced driver, then the base suspension should tide you over for a while. Save your $$ until a used track pack suspension or other coilover comes available.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes there *is* a touring suspension. It comes with the touring wheels.
J/k -:|

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yes it is a huge upgrade value for 350$. If you plan to keep the stock narrow wheels I would not recomend a sway bar.

Go ahead call the wheels and suspention touring. Everybody knows what you mean and it good to help train some of the semantics enthusiests to be more tolerant :)

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
For an inexpensive starter, used LSS springs and shocks (10% stiffer than base) and a Black watch racing sway bar set in the middle adjustment. When your skill rises (or when you find a deal you can't pass up on), purchase LSS or wider wheels (with tires to match). Then eventually when you feel you are driving better than the car is handling, consider upgrading to some different coilovers. The LSS wheels, LSS shocks, BWR swaybar are an excellent autocross starting point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts