The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that I use my windshield washer frequently, and the stock jets are pretty bad. And if they get out of alignment, I think you just have to buy another car. I started looking into washer jet options, and found a mod in the uberpost. However, this doesn't talk much about which nozzles work on the federal Elise. The added fact that many fan nozzles are not adjustable makes this a hard part to find.

I believe that ours are different from the more common hood/bonnet mounted nozzles. Maybe not.

Have you done such a mod, and can you tell me what part numbers or intended fitment the nozzles are? Even a knowledgeable vendor would be very helpful.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Different wiper arm

Hello
I bought a special wiper arm (if I'm right from eliseparts.com, ist lenght is slightly smaller than the original arm), which has a third opening in the middle. You need to add a divider to the existing hose and then the cleaning water comes out from the middle of the wiper blade too and distributes it quite good.
Regards
ccqqmm

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ccqqmm, I looked that up. With shipping it would be pretty pricy to the US, but I bet I could make a similar solution.

xvdarkyxv, I haven't pulled them yet. I understand, and it looks accurate, that by pulling the access panels you can easily disconnect them and push them through. I seem to remember they are retained by a nut, but it may be a squeeze type release.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Thanks ccqqmm, I looked that up. With shipping it would be pretty pricy to the US, but I bet I could make a similar solution.

xvdarkyxv, I haven't pulled them yet. I understand, and it looks accurate, that by pulling the access panels you can easily disconnect them and push them through. I seem to remember they are retained by a nut, but it may be a squeeze type release.
As far as I know the upgrade wiper arm comes from the old Renault Twingo, maybe you can order this part in the US from someone else.

Best regards
ccqqmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts