The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because somebody backed into me because my Exige horn is pathetic ..when I get the front replaced while the clam is off what horn can I drop in that are louder and more mature than stock.. Body shop guy will swap for me.. Would like to keep stock wiring maybe up the fuse only to compensate for the bigger horn.. Also any other mods to my low mile 3k. 2008exige s 240.. Mostly street and occasional HPDE each year...

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Were you the fellow who got backed into at a show?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Would like to keep stock wiring maybe up the fuse only to compensate for the bigger horn..
IMO the stock circuit isn't adequate to upgrade the horn. Just seems kind of dinky.

I added a Stebel horn similar to the one linked to in post #3. I kept the stock circuit which still drives the stock horn, and now also operates a relay that controls a new, heavier gauge circuit that drives the Stebel. With both horns operating I get a good loud blast of four different tones. Look out!

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Yes change the radiator. I wouldn't go to pull fans - they are a fashion not functional change IMHO :)
My tuner and radiator designer would beg to differ. Dual SPAL pullers and my temps and AC performance have been great. Ditched oil coolers and went with Laminova setup.

San

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Stebel Horn with Stock

IMO the stock circuit isn't adequate to upgrade the horn. Just seems kind of dinky.

I added a Stebel horn similar to the one linked to in post #3. I kept the stock circuit which still drives the stock horn, and now also operates a relay that controls a new, heavier gauge circuit that drives the Stebel. With both horns operating I get a good loud blast of four different tones. Look out!
Exactly what I did. Fully agree. The sound is great and has saved my clam twice now.

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Stebel is excellent.

I just went up on fuse capacity. This is not a constant use circuit (for which I'd have run a relay). I did not keep the stock horn as Stebel is plenty loud.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,988 Posts
Not sure why everyone keeps saying you have to pull the clam to get to the horns. They can be accessed by jacking up the front of the vehicle and removing the front undertray.

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Not sure why everyone keeps saying you have to pull the clam to get to the horns. They can be accessed by jacking up the front of the vehicle and removing the front undertray.
Of course.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Are you using pull fans because they don't fit on the other side or some other reason?
Couldn't say if they didn't fit on the "other" side. The radiator and puller fans were implemented by Allen at VSA and Brent Bauman (radiator designer). Not sure if because I decided to keep the AC this was a factor. I can say it works well.

San

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.