The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at upgrading the tail lights on my FE Esprit to LED Elise type. Can someone who has gone through this process, point me in the right direction?

In addition to the actual tail lights, I assume I also require the following bits?

(1) Flasher unit, A121M6016F
(2) Ballast Modules A121M0035F
(2) Inductor Jump Harnesses, turn B121M0040F
(2) Inductor Jump Harnesses, brake A121M0041F
(1) Resistor Jump Harness, CHMSL A120M0040F

Have I missed anything?

·
Registered
375 Posts
One source for purchasing the Elise styled lights and rear panel would be PNM Engineering in the UK. About £700. You reuse your existing rear lighting harness. I had an auto electric guy do my conversion. Took a couple of hours.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks beinmymirror.
My Esprit is a 2004MY, so I won't be needing the rear panel. Lotus Garage also stocks the lights here on this side of the pond.

What do you mean "reuse your existing rear lighting harness"? Surely the LED lights don't simply plug directly into the old harness without ballasts, resisters, etc?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I thought the 2004 esprits had the round taillights. Yes Lotus Garage is another source.
No it's not a simple replug in. You end up modifying the existing loom to fit with the new. Mine came with directions but I got help to what they meant not being an electrical expert.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, 2002 and up had the round lights. I'm looking at switching to LED though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Update on PNM. Spoke with them today and they're still having issues with attaining the round rear LED taillights. My understanding is their supplier has sold their company to another.
Not good in the short time. Would suggest using lotus garage for now. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts