The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new set of wheels and tires ordered and should arrive next week.

I was wondering if I should go ahead and upgrade the brake rotors, pads, and lines at the same? Thinking about going with the UltraDisc's from S111, Pagid 4-2 Blue, and going with the steel lines as well. I only have 8600 miles and 2 track days on the stock set but since I'm taking the wheels off anyway I might as well look into it.

If I only upgraded the front rotors and left the rears stock do you think it would screw anything up?

Thanks a ton

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
front clam has to come off to replace the front lines I believe.
Not on an Elise. I just did it this weekend and it doesn't make any difference either way. You have to remove the front covers, plastic vents and the cover beneath that though - 5 screws total.
I did have to take the dremel to a small section of fiberglass on the passenger side front though, in order to get the spanner in there. It sounds dramatic, but it's really not that bad - it's just an inner frame that is not structual.

To the OP - I just went with SS lines, new pads and high temp brake fluid (plus painted calipers - black).
I'm hoping that will be enough. May consider new rotors later.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have that exact setup (ultradisc, pagid, SST lines) - you'll like it a lot. The front clam does not have to come off to do the lines - still not easy to do though. The SST lines really added no diffference in feel to me.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
With a katana driven hard for 30minutes at a time, I can't fade the brakes on my car.

My recipe: RBF600, Hawk HP+ (not a real track pad, but brakes very hard nonetheles) titanium shims and A048R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts