429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took del. on 8/8/04, palm beach motor cars offered me 22k
for my 2003 S2000. Still have 28 month's left on lease. owe
$30,568.00. Lease payment $470.00 per month. Upsidedown
$8,568 div. by 470per mo= 18mo's of payments. Thought it was a
blessing in disguise. Having the 111R for 3 weeks, only driving on
weekend's I now hate the S2000 . Can't wait for 18mo's to pass
so the 111R can be my every day driver! My point is I loved the S2000 untill I rec. the LOTUS. Stay on the list don't give up.

P.S. The steering wheel in the S2000 vs lotus feel's like a bus.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Nice to hear a direct comparison on the S2000 and Elise...few of us have much experience with the S2000 (let alone the Elise ;) ).

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am still trying to decide between a new S2000, new Elise or a lightly used 2003 Boxster S. I will not be autocrossing or tracking my car but want something fun to cruise around town and take on long weekend drives in southern California.

My concern with the S2000 (and Elise) is lack of torque. I have taken the S2000 to redline numerous times on test drives but have not experienced the Elise in the high cam. The S2000 always leaves me wanting more pull from a broader spectrum. The Boxster S pulls from any RPM which is nice for around town driving. The BMW Z4 does the same but can't get used to the styling...

How does the Elise feel once it hits the high cam? Can the Elise pull from a slow roll (approx. 5mph) much quicker than the S2000? What about from 30mph-50mph & from 50mph to 80mph compared to the S2000?

I spoke with my Lotus sales rep and he assured me that I will NEVER be able to run a demo Elise of theirs in the high cam profile since they will be turning them every 90 days and will never allow them to reach the 1,000 mile marker.

It sure would be nice to ride in someone's Elise to experience the real driveability. Anyone in San Diego or Southern California area want to take me for cruise in their Elise???

·
Registered
458 Posts
Heatmiser wrote:

I will not be autocrossing or tracking my car but want something fun to cruise around town and take on long weekend drives in southern California.
I would have to recommend the Boxster in that case. We also have an '04 Boxster S and it is more comfortable and practical (go figure - a practical Porsche...) for long weekend drives. Particularly if someone else is riding in the passenger seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts