The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I work with a US bank (PNB) and recently i experience huge delays in transfer times.

People send money from Russia ages ago and give me swifts, but bank refuses to show the transfers for a long time.

Whats going on in US? Is there any danger? Thanks...

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Define "long time" - in my limited experience going the opposite direction (to other countries in Europe), 3-5 business days can be common.
:shrug:

The biggest problem I've run into is US bank people not understanding how or that the rest of the planet operates differently.
:rolleyes:

If it's coming from Russia/CIS, I can see US banks being cautious.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
PNB?

Philippine National Bank?
Pacific National Bank?
Punjab National Bank?
Parish National Bank?

Not much information!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
did you type it into Bloomberg too?
No, just a google search.

I hate when people use acronyms for everything. If you're gonna ask a question, at least use the English language. -poke-

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im working with this bank for like 5 years already and never experienced this problem. It always took one or two days at most. I dont recall any transfers taking longer then that in 5 years of operation.

So im very worried. I really need the money, but hey are not coming :mad:

Define "long time" - in my limited experience going the opposite direction (to other countries in Europe), 3-5 business days can be common.

The biggest problem I've run into is US bank people not understanding how or that the rest of the planet operates differently.
:rolleyes:

If it's coming from Russia/CIS, I can see US banks being cautious.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ah sorry! :D Pacific National Bank Miami!
Pacific National Bank? :eek::huh::eek: I'd be worried if I were you!

just kidding!

They are holding your money to make interest. They figure it's better in their pocket than yours.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So basically there is no banking crisis looming around the corner or anyhting like that?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
So basically there is no banking crisis looming around the corner or anyhting like that?
The only crisis is the outrageous fees they charge! No, the sky is not falling in.

Call them and ask to talk to someone who is not on permanent lunch break. :)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pacific National Bank? :eek::huh::eek: I'd be worried if I were you!

just kidding!

They are holding your money to make interest. They figure it's better in their pocket than yours.
Haha :) not funny! :p

Yeah thats understandable, but it never happened before...

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Im working with this bank for like 5 years already and never experienced this problem. It always took one or two days at most. I dont recall any transfers taking longer then that in 5 years of operation.

So im very worried. I really need the money, but hey are not coming :mad:
Left home without your AmEx?
rotfl

Seriously though - do you have a Mastercard/Eurocard? What about Citibank ATMs and your own accounts? As an alternative, I've received a cash stipend from an employer when working abroad - can you hit them up for money?

I think 2-days is a record for me with transfers usually taking longer and my bank (USAA) is used to dealing with people abroad since they handle a lot of American soldiers' personal accounts.

Hmmm... my experiences were also all prior to 9/11 and the weirdness that followed.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Ah sorry! :D Pacific National Bank Miami!
Well, there's your problem. They're confused about where they are located. The Pacific is about 3,000 miles away. :D

Interestingly, there is an apparently unrelated Pacific National Bank operating on the West Coast (where the name makes more sense). :shrug:

http://www.pacificnational.com

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ok great.

Yep calling them is a bit of a problem!!
Yes, I see. Also, finding someone in a bank who is not on a permanent lunch break is an even bigger problem.

Maybe they need to hire more staff to count the huge sums of your wire transfer! ;)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, I see. Also, finding someone in a bank who is not on a permanent lunch break is an even bigger problem.

Maybe they need to hire more staff to count the huge sums of your wire transfer! ;)
Actually i did manage to find someone working, just not someone who knew anything :)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
lol :) no no, im talking about this pacific

http://www.pnb.com/
Exactly, they are trying to find the Pacific Ocean as they look out their window in the bank. Who has time to service a wire transfer when they can't find the ocean?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts