The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the Nov. Road & Track Elise article, I became number 25 on the Dallas Lotus Dealer's list. Bye Bye to my 90 M-3! Anybody know about/have access to the option list for the 2004 U.S. Elise?

·
Registered
29 Posts
No options list has been released. I wouldn't expect there to be very many at all. Perhaps just a track suspension package and a hard top.

Did you order from Kass or Barbara? I've been speaking with Kass and he's been great about getting me all the official information he's got.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Anybody know about/have access to the option list for the 2004 U.S. Elise?
HA HA HA HA HA... good one.

Oh sorry... almost forgot you're new. Lotus isn't as marketing friendly as most auto companies. (Understatement!!!)

What was in the Road and Track is a pretty good summary of what we currently know from Lotus, with a few things we hadn't heard until it came out. Everything else we've got is conjecture or rumor based on the Euro model.

From what we can figure out, likely options are:

Removable hardtop
Sport Suspension
Black Wheels
Sport Exhaust?

And to prevent the 'Chrome Orange Militia' from torching my house, I'll go ahead and mention that we've heard Chrome Orange paint will be an extra color option, for $500.

There's a lot of good links on this site, Randy (site admin) has done a great job of putting this together. Hope all this helps.

Cade

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'll probably go for the sport options. What's the color heirarchy on this board? Chrome Orange!?!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Color Hierarchy? Depends on who you ask. There are some rabid fans of Chrome Orange, though. As for me, I really want Mono Black, unfortunately, the only black will be Starlight Black, which has metallic flecks in it. Don't like it. So I'm probably going with British Racing Green. So subtle, so sexy. Mmmmm.

:D

I think that most people are choosing yellow, red, or orange, but silver seems to be popular, too. The car looks good in pretty much any color. There's a thread around here with a color poll somewhere.

Cade

·
Registered
5 Posts
OPTION

Hi Guy's

I would recommend the sports exhaust, makes the car sound much better, and if you like trackdays or want get the most from the car, the Lotus S2 LSS is absolutely amazing, it will allow you carry more speed into corners and almost eliminates any body roll.

I did a Brands Hatch GP circuit a few weeks back and a freind has the S2 LSS fitted, he could take the bends at about 90mph + where as I was only able to take them at about 80mph, I must also state I have the Original S1 111s elise and he has a new S2.

Other Options like the hardtop roof are nice, It will depend where you are located I suppose, if you live in a cold climate then you may opt for this, but having the roof off with a car which accelerates and handles like the Elise does makes driving a real pleasure.

Also this may not effect you much guts much but the car is very economicle to run, I get about 40 to the gallon, which in the uk is about $6 US dollers, you lot don't know how cheap you get your gas ;)

I off now

Take it easy

Gerald

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I am surprised there is not more love for the dark blue.

I won't get Chrome Orange, but I have a lot of respect for those that do. I think it looks awesome, but it would not work for me because I am a wus. :)

I keep looking at the Yellow. I like the deeper yellow. The BRG is nice too. And the dark blue. Ardent Red is awesome, but I don't want another red car. Black is great, but I have two black cars and don't want another. Part of my family really likes Titanium or gunmetal. I don't really.

And then there is Artic Silver. I keep being drawn to it, but I am worried it's too boring and conservative.

ARGH!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Cobalt was my original choice, but having it sit as my wallpaper for the last several months, the black trim on the dark blue is getting to me. I've not ruled it out, but word on whether all the plastic bits will stay black or be body color would certainly influence me . I've never envisioned myself in a yellow car, but damn if the Elise doesn't make me seriously consider it.

Titanium is almost purty enough to make me go silver again after 7 years of silver cars. Basically, my out-of-the-question color list is much shorter than my hmmmm-that's-a-possibility list. Then there's the golly-I-wish-were-getting-that-color list (aqua, ice blue, Aubergine Purple) that is keeping me from being even more indecisive about what to order...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Randy Chase said:

I won't get Chrome Orange, but I have a lot of respect for those that do. I think it looks awesome, but it would not work for me because I am a wus. :)

I keep looking at the Yellow. I like the deeper yellow. The BRG is nice too. And the dark blue. Ardent Red is awesome, but I don't want another red car. Black is great, but I have two black cars and don't want another. Part of my family really likes Titanium or gunmetal. I don't really.

And then there is Artic Silver. I keep being drawn to it, but I am worried it's too boring and conservative.

ARGH!
I think dark colours will look great with t curves of the car. So will all the silvers as they bring out the shape from any angle. I think the Saffron yellow would look more pleasing than the very bright lightning yellow. But as you all know by now I want something bright so I am "seen" by SUVs. had yellow and time for a change to a nice metallic yellow/orange.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Type 25

I like the Type 25, but I can't see driving the car on the street with those racing stripes -- too 'boy racer' for me. Great for track days and car shows, though. Maybe if the stripes were narrower...

I am pretty sold on 'British Racing Green,' though it doesn't look much like the BRG of old. Probably not the best 'resale' color, as it seems pretty un-popular

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Since I'm planning to get Saffron Yellow, I've been noticing yellow cars on the freeway lately. I've seen a Corvette and a Porsche (Carrera perhaps?)and a Ferrari in very bright yellow that are absolutely stunning. Not sure about the actual colors, but they look similar to what I imagine that Saffron may be. Very, very bright though, so if you don't like standing out, you probably want the more muted dark colors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So far I'm thinking that color scheme is the best for me. I loooove the red seats inside of the green and yellow exterior. Looks amazing. And you better believe I'd drive that on the street looking like that too. :)

Hello BTW, this is my first post here, yay! I put a deposit down on an Elise this morning. Now I just need to find a way to relax for at least seven months. :(

·
Supporting Vendor
4,103 Posts
This may sound like heresy, coming from me, but the Type 25 paint job is my favorite. It is a very classic look - not boy racer.

Gerald,

I too would like to hear your comments about the relative comfort of the LSS in the S2.

Thx!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I love the Type 25 look, although I'd much prefer yellow or green alacantra seat inserts to the red in the photo. To me, the stripes are the perfect color and width and are quite tasteful. I wonder if there is any chance of a Type 25 paint option? Are there as many rabid Type 25 fans as there are for chrome orange?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts