The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who uses the 2+2 as a family wagon, does anyone have recommendation for rear-facing infant seats that are compact and small enough to fit in the back seats? We're starting a family, and I would like to keep a fun car to my little bag of skins around for as long as I can before getting a true family car. The wife is 5"0', so passenger seat can move up comfortably. I looked at 911s rear seats, and them actually seem much quite deepeer/larger than our little benches. Ours seems to be some of the smallest around, on par with i8s.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I read either here or on TLF that if you remove the bottom seat cushion, then more infant seats will fit back there. Good thing is that it's just 2 giant velcro pads holding it on.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think you’d have to have the rear facing seat in the front mate. There is no chance our (small) rear facing seat would fit in the back with the passenger seat in a ‘sit-able’ position.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Don’t give up on it. My kids are too old to need a car seat but according to this article car seats will fit:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've fit one of these in my back seat without too much trouble....

It isn't rear facing, but is quite large.

One thing to remember is that there is only one set of LATCH system anchors and they are placed so that the car seat goes in the middle.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Definitely not saying don’t go ahead, we use ours for carrying the bub (17 months) often. No probs once forward facing. Be awesome as she grows and the seat requirements shrink!

There are definitely anchor points on both sides in the rear though - mines a 2010 LE.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that front facing seats will work. My main concern is on the rear facing for the first 2 years. I was hoping to not have to trade-in. The wife only allows for 1 fun car at a time, and I can't imagine going on fun drive without the family. I may have to look toward tswitching for a Macan or a GranTurismo for 2 years and then jump back to a fun compact car again. Hopefully Lotus might have some new offerings by then.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Rear facing is only needed for 6 months here (by law). That flew by in no time.

You can fit the rear facing seat in the front, as long as your wife can fit in the back.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
You might want to lower your expectations for how much your child will like it, although an infant and toddler won’t care one way or the other. I got mine 2 months ago (a 2011 Evora) and my boys (age 7 and 9) were really excited before it arrived. Now that they have ridden in the back a few times not so much.

The older one said it looks cool from the outside but said he likes riding in the minivan better. I picked them up from school today since it wasn’t rainy and there were all these complaints about why did you pick me up in the Lotus! Not quiet the reaction I was hoping for when I bought the car.

It will end up being more a fun car to ride to work by myself unless they change their minds. Fortunately I have a flexible job that gives me some weekdays off so I can enjoy the car without taking away from family time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts