The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, here's the deal. I was reading Sownman's "cult car" thread and thought this worth posting.

I have been considering the possibility of organizing an official United States Lotus Owners' Club. Not sure what all that involves, but here's what I have so far:
  1. The name: USLOC
  2. The domains:
    - USLOC.com
    - USLOC.org
    - USElise.com
    - USAElise.com
    - FederalElise.com
  3. The concept (you can see my ideas if you click through to any of the links above)
  4. The forums (well, EliseTalk forums, anyway... good enough for me!)
What I don't have:
  1. Time to develop everything
  2. Knowledge of organizing an "official club"
  3. Time to write articles and take photos of events and such
Anyone wanna get involved? I have no problem doing the web part if other people want to "fill in the blanks."

Anyone know what kind of corporate status (if any) we need?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Might want to be a bit careful here, you're looking at a big undertaking. Some of these clubs, pca for instance, have people that do nothing but run the club. Granted the louts owners aren't as numerous as porsche owners, however, I think we'll be just as jealous, RE MR2/Elise thread. That being the case this 'club' or one like it should enjoy a high enrolment percentage.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
and if i recall the new track just northeast of birmingham is the site of next year's event. i doubt my car will be here in time. but at least attendees will hopefully get to see a lot of great cars including the elise

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xxxotic said:
I was thinking we could form the Southeast Lotus Owners Club and call ourselves SELOC:)
That was actually my idea with USLOC... to make the US equivalent.... to no avail, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts