The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Men's 4x100m freestyle relay, also setting a World Record in the process. This of course came after France's Alain Bernard told the press that France was going to "smash" the Americans. I love watching the French lose.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
loved it! great win!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That was one of the most amazing sporting events I've seen in quite a few years. Then again, I was a swimmer, so I might be a bit biased...

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm not a swimmer but my fists were pumping in the end!

:coolnana:

:clap:

:bow:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I hate it. How come the West coast get a 3 hours delay? Now I have to wait until midnight to see it instead of 9 PM PDT.

Anyone know why such delay?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know, after centuries of crushing defeats, you'd think the French would have learned by now to stfu.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I hate it. How come the West coast get a 3 hours delay? Now I have to wait until midnight to see it instead of 9 PM PDT.

Anyone know why such delay?
because we don't have a single time zone like china?

network does post production up to the east coast time deadline - then broadcast nationwide, having lived on both coast... it is true - the US is based, managed, run, organized on the east coast. everything is east coast based. i never realized it till i moved here...

west coast gets "yeah, too bad for them"

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm not a swimmer but I always love watching the swimming events during the Olympics. Was an incredible race! Smashed the world record by 4 seconds or so. I think they said the 4th and 5th teams also beat the old record. Craziness! USA won by only .07 or .08 seconds! The other incredible race was with Katie Hoff. Unfortunately she lost it at the very end by almost the same margin.

·
Registered
311 Posts
mens 100m final now that is going to be an incredible race, something like 8 guys had splits under the WR time. The first australian broke the record, which is now the official record, then lezak beat that time by 1.5 seconds!!! (unofficially though) Seriously I can see 4 people coming in under the WR time in the final.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts