The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saffron Yellow with 1200 miles on it. Just traded it in towards 08 Exige S 240....we are asking $46,000 for it. PERFECT condition!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
You're a dealer, right?

Good. So I won't be insulting your personal choice of vehicle when I say that nobody here likes the California Edition.

Good luck,
xtn

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're a dealer, right?

Good. So I won't be insulting your personal choice of vehicle when I say that nobody here likes the California Edition.

Good luck,
xtn
why dont people like the Cali editions? We have sold 3 or 4 of them.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I love the seats too.
The sills are pretty nice also. As much as I like the interior of the CA its not why I got an Elise. I like some of the bare spots. But I could definitely go for a few of the interior peaces.

I would imagine that the car would sell pretty good for some people think inside is to bare.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
They look like a hot dog.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
The reason that you guys have sold 3-4 of them is because people are stopping in to look at Boxsters and seeing this "cute little car" sitting in the front of the showroom and getting it over the Boxster, they are not Lotus enthusiasts or even know anything about them before they walked into your showroom. Most of the true Lotus fans know that they are a regular old Lotus with ugly paint and an extra 6-7k added to the price and see that you are really not getting anything for you extra money...

why dont people like the Cali editions? We have sold 3 or 4 of them.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The reason that you guys have sold 3-4 of them is because people are stopping in to look at Boxsters and seeing this "cute little car" sitting in the front of the showroom and getting it over the Boxster, they are not Lotus enthusiasts or even know anything about them before they walked into your showroom. Most of the true Lotus fans know that they are a regular old Lotus with ugly paint and an extra 6-7k added to the price and see that you are really not getting anything for you extra money...
I'd buy one. I'm not looking at the moment, but I'd happily drive a Cali edition around. The interior finish is very nicely done, and I don't think the premium is 7K is it? :shrug:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since it looks like my Seven is sold my wife and I went to the local Lotus dealer (Lotus of Pompano Beach, FL) and she fell in love with a yellow CA edition. I had to drag her away from the place! My original plan was to find a 4 cylinder Esprit. It's a nice conundrum to be in.

The CA is a looks package but I could live with it.

Regards,
John D.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I actually like the California version, but they are way overpriced. I did go with a S/C by that point.

Either way, I am a cheapo and got a new 07 for a price that I cannot refuse.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Red car with silver grill = very 50's Italian sports car. Looks better on the red than the yellow in my humble opinion.
And the 60's as well. My dad had a Ferrari 275 GTB in Ruby Red back in the late 60's that had the silver grill. So, he would probably like the CA edition, but he is 78 years old. Horses for courses as they say.

A true "CA Edition" would be one where the taxes on it went up every year to help pay for continuing economic problems of this state.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts