The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that a used Elise is the car for me. Looking through the cars for sale I have noticed a lot of 06 (which is what I want) cars that have super low mileage.

My question to the group is do a lot of these cars get crashed at low mileage and end up on the market, or do people decide they just don’t like the cars?

A crash repair is not an option for me. I'm an experienced road racer, HPDE instructor, etc., and there is nothing worse to me than trying to get a repaired wreck to work on track:mad:

I feel really suspicious of a 2 year old car with only a few thousand miles. I have a company car for work, and old pickup for going to Home Depot and still put 8k a year on the "fun" car. What gives?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...a lot of people are selling '05s and '06s because they've moved up to an exige or an elise SC, i've noticed - that's how i got my own '05, and i think that's a great indicator that a previous owner has taken as good care of the car as i would myself...

·
Registered
431 Posts
As with any type of vehicle purchase, inspect before pulling the trigger but low mileage Elise's are common and should not deter anyone from buying.

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
A lot of people buy these cars because they look so good then simply cannot cope with the impractical aspects so sell them. Or it is a 3rd/4th/5th good weather car and gets infrequent use. I know a couple who have matching black Lambo's as daily drivers (and track toys) plus an Elise which is essentially track toy only and does very limited and pampered k's.

PS: Number plate on the LP640 is "GO DAD GO"!
Photo by CoconutPhotography.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Looking closely at the cars for sale, i see most of them are touring pack options. That fact fits nicely with Aedo's theory that many people dont like the impractical aspects of the car.

I'd love to buy an new Exige S 240. However, my personal limit is that if i can't afford to walk away from a smoking pile of twisted metal then I shouldn't have the car on the track. That limit puts me looking for a good 06 Elise.

·
Registered
207 Posts
ScottB
As you can see I have my Elise for sale. I would be happy to explain what I know happened to our Elise. Like I have posted after 20 months I have had no mechanical issues whar so ever. The reason for selling is just that it is time to move on. It is an awesome car and I hate to see it go. It would just free up things for us financially. We are not in trouble financially but to see the car just sit in the garage and only move once a week really sucks. Let me know, Adam.

·
Registered
315 Posts
ScottB
As you can see I have my Elise for sale. I would be happy to explain what I know happened to our Elise. Like I have posted after 20 months I have had no mechanical issues whar so ever. The reason for selling is just that it is time to move on. It is an awesome car and I hate to see it go. It would just free up things for us financially. We are not in trouble financially but to see the car just sit in the garage and only move once a week really sucks. Let me know, Adam.
wow.... my sister lives in that unfortunately named town too!!! lmao

How many miles and how much?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Miles--15,400
Price--$33,500
Thanks again, Adam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts