The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body have an old set up on the shelf they would part with cheaply?

I talked with SPEC Clutch. They do a lot of high performance and semi custom work for racing and hot rods and have a good reputation.

They will be happy to look at manufacturing a light weight clutch and fly wheel set up for our cars and I think it will be a reasonable cost. They need a sample to work from. I am not thinking of a crazy triple disc set up that weighs 5 lbs, is not street able and requires changing the stock hydraulics. Stock bolt in set up that shaves 25% over stock and a bit higher clamping force is my goal.

I would like to avoid the turn around time when my clutch comes out (some day), so looking for an old set up they can work from.

What are peoples thoughts? I imagine there are reasons this has not been done in the past. Is the fly wheel already super light weight?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes I have a used clutch and flywheel from my 95 S4s. It came with the car when I purchased it 5 or so years ago. Probably not worth reconditioning.

·
Dreaded Prior Owner
722 Posts
Any differences between the clutches and flywheels for the Citroen vs Renault 4 cylinder cars?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have a used clutch and flywheel from my 95 S4s. It came with the car when I purchased it 5 or so years ago. Probably not worth reconditioning.
Unfortunately the S4s is different than other years. SPEC is not going to recondition, they need the old parts for measurement,

Any differences between the clutches and flywheels for the Citroen vs Renault 4 cylinder cars?
I think they are different, the parts places advertise them separately.

·
Dreaded Prior Owner
722 Posts
Which style are you looking for? I can assure you the OEM flywheel on an '85 Turbo Esprit is not lightweight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts