The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2005 Elise for sale and want objective opinions about her. Here is my listing...

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2005-elise-eastern-nc-54242/

I want to sell it for a fair price but not give it away either. Yes, she has "high" miles, but what really is a high mileage Elise? Am I priced too high? What have like Loti sold for in the past? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
That's more than reasonable !

·
Banned
874 Posts
I've only seen a couple elises with that many miles and they r usually 2-3k below another one with lower miles. urs is just aobut right. Good luck with the sale!

·
Banned
874 Posts
you shouldn't put it on ebay with a reserve price, you should start it off at a good price so that you know bidding will reach what price you wanted or even higher. I've bought 2 cars on ebay so far and bid on many more (also many ATV's). I've learned that most of the ones with reserve dont sell for some reason unless sometimes the seller tells the people what the reserve is or they get lucky enough. i guess when ppl c it, they assume its a high reserve and bid on another(thats what I do sometimes) try a reg bid and a buyitnow or best offer on ebay. I'm sure it'll sell. i hope this helps you!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That price is fine. I was going to start a thread about that. Do you guys think these cars are going to bottom out in price where they are now, the way Vipers did? You can't say it's just a Toyota motor because a Viper is just a dodge truck motor- or was. They hold tough around $30k and up and started at $50k when they came out. Will they really keep depreciating or is there enough demand to keep them where they are now?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks like it's been on the market for a while. There are just a lot of cars with less than half as many miles trading for a few grand more. You'll either have to wait for the right buyer to come along or you'll have to drop the price to sell it to whoever is looking right now. Things are worth exactly what someone will pay for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts