The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GF wants to sell her '06 Elise, and I'm trying to determine it's value. There's no listings for the Elise in the NADA and Kelly Blue Books. Anyone know where I might be able to look up the car's value? Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
For a 2006 I'd say $30,000-36,000. If you need to sell it quickly, probably lower than that.

Mileage, condition, and options would help determine the price as well.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...high mileage cars are selling for $28k right now, give or take a couple thousand, and low-mileage cars command a four to six thousand premium...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I need to verify the exact options her car has, and I'm not very Lotus knowledgable. She mentioned a sport package, a track package (not sure what that is...looks like the '09's are optioned differently), an aluminum interior trim package, power windows, and Starshield. The exterior is Phantom Black with a black exterior. She mentioned the sticker price on the car was $62K. The car has only 9k miles, and it's absolutely stock...no modifications whatsoever, has never been taken to the track, is in mint condition, and has 8 months left on the factory warranty. So it sounds like the value is probably in the $40k range?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...you might have a difficult time fetching $40k, but i think $36k isn't unrealistic if everything's pristine and you don't need a quick sale...

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
...you might have a difficult time fetching $40k, but i think $36k isn't unrealistic if everything's pristine and you don't need a quick sale...
+1. 06 Exige's are starting to pop up at under $40K.

·
Registered
489 Posts
$62k sticker is that even possible? I had every option on my '06 except the sport pack, and it was $48k sticker. In any case, I think like others are saying, you won't be able to get $40k. I'd say your gf is looking at $30-35k.

·
Registered
150 Posts
$62k sticker is that even possible? I had every option on my '06 except the sport pack, and it was $48k sticker. In any case, I think like others are saying, you won't be able to get $40k. I'd say your gf is looking at $30-35k.
It seems like that pricing is more for an Exige.

OP: Are you certain it's an Elise and not an Exige?

·
Registered
937 Posts
You could scan the sticker and upload it here to answer some questions but it could be possible that it did sticker close or upper 50's new. Just because it stickers at a price doesn't mean it sold for that price. Think about Sport, Track, Lifestyle Paint plus misc stuff it's possible.
My first car sticker for 51k in 05'. I believe Lotus raised the price in 06'.
Picture of the car would be nice too.
Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
^ Best advice and cars.com
too many low ballers here...to get a fair answer.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
^ Best advice and cars.com
too many low ballers here...to get a fair answer.
i really dont think 30k-36k (depending on mileage and condition of the car) is low balling.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I figured I'd be luck if I got $40K for my '06 EXIGE with everything on it. I don't think $35 for the Elise is low balling at all. Low-to-mid thirties is probably quite reasonable to say.

His GF must have an Exige if it's got Track Pack. But then again she says it has an "aluminum interior trim package" so maybe she doesn't know what she's talking about?

·
Registered
64 Posts
FWIW, I bought my 06' Elise in November for $31,500. It has the touring pack, starshield, stage II, no hardtop and only 1150 miles. The previous owner put the A048's on and gave me the original AD07's. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've been shopping around everywhere. Mid 30's is what a N/A 06 exige should go for (based on the current market), high high 30's (rare) to mid 40's for 07 exige s, high 40's low low 50's for new 07 exige s, mid 50's + for new 08 s240. Everything based on many many cars I've seen and had offers for...as low as 38k for an exige s with like 4k miles!

There is no way an elise should be going for 40k, its just not going to happen. Low to mid 30's for an 06 elise is about right, from what I've seen. (and I've looked at just about every lotus for sale in america! :rotfl )

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
The advice already given on this thread seems spot on that $40,000 is probably too high, especially post-October 2008, when virtually everyones finances changed. The range is somewhere between $30,000 to $33,000. Fortunately or unfortunately, Lotus production has been drastically reduced helping used car prices, but that has more than been offset by the weak auto market, especially for specialty vehicles. If you market your car, provide as much detailed information about the history of the car (how well it has been cared for, etc.) and decent pictures. This often speaks volumes to prospective buyers.
Wishing you the best,
vincesf

1 - 16 of 16 Posts