The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I know how it looks. I just joined and I'm looking for an Elise... I started with a high HP Mustang track car, then I saw the light. Better late than never.:D

Note: I am in the SJ / Philly area. I will definitely consider transport for well-documented Elise's.

While I will track this Elise a lot (20+ days/yr), I want a street legal car. It will have to pass NJ Inspection. NON-supercharged Elise's only. I can live with small scratches, etc. that may drive some people nuts. It will get scratched on the track anyway. No "real" accidents, salvage, etc. I am open on color.

The truly important thing, for my needs, is that this Elise is 100% mechanically safe and sound. I don't need something falling apart in the middle of turn at speed.:shift:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I am almost finished with putting the stock parts back on. Everything is stock unless otherwise noted. Here is a link to my original for sale thread:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2005-lotus-elise-track-car-sale-106766/

The car is now in the following condition:

The rear main seal leak is fixed.

Original cloth/leather black seats
Starshield
Clear film on the headlights
Speedglass windshield with a tearoff
Modified stock tank that will not fuel starve till less than 0.5 gallons
Dual oil coolers
Base model suspention
Some of the rear suspension bushings are replaced with poly bushings
Soft top (non touring)
Lightweight battery
Rear inner toe links have been replaced with larger links
Rebuilt original transmission with 4.3 final drive (I missed a shift which is why it had to be rebuilt along with a used engine)
Used engine from a 2003 Celica GTS (before they had cam wear issues)
LSS wheels in almost perfect condition with Toyo T1S tires (date code 2005)

Available for sale too or replacement of the above:

LSS shocks with extra grooves, 450 pound springs with helper springs in front and 400 pound springs rear. These springs lower the car about 10mm.
Track wheels:Front: anthracite SSR 16x7 et42 with 12mm spacers and weigh 11.0 pounds, Rear: black with polished lip Motegi Traklite 2.0 17 x 8 et42 with 10mm spacer and weigh 14.8 pounds
The wheels are both 6 spoke so they kind of match. I used these wheels because they were light, the sizes I wanted and forged.
Matching hardtop
Repacement windshield tearoffs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you everyone that has responded to my post. I truly appreciate it. I bought a 2008 Porsche Cayman this week - the dark side.:eek:

I LOVE the Elise / Exige, but after much thought, I feel they shine best as track only cars. I absolutely still want one, but I will wait until I give in and get a pickup / trailer. I rent race cars now as I am new to the SCCA and feeling out classes, but that will change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts