The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night was the first time the backseat got used for more than a quick jaunt around the block.

My girlfriend had some friends in from out of town so we made a reservation at Lawry's in Beverly Hills because we figured it would be a good place to give a couple of Los Angeles first timers a good LA experience. They took a cab from their Hotel and we showed up in the Evora.

During dinner, the car came up in the conversation when my girlfriend made a comment about how she won't be allowed to bring home leftovers unless they are in the trunk. When we were leaving the restaurant and walked out to the Valet stand, one of the friends admitted that she didn't know what a Lotus was, but was quick to ask if it was "that car parked in the front right there."

The other friend was excited as he had never seen one before, so I invited them to come check it out and offered to save them the cab fare and drive them back to the hotel if the girls didn't mind squeezing in the back.

I took them down Wilshire to Rodeo Drive and around through Sunset to see a few multi-multi million dollar houses and they even got to experience some of LA's finest 405 construction traffic. Everyone had a blast even if the girls in the backseat probably lost feeling in their legs about halfway into the drive.

The highlight for me was dropping them off at their hotel. Everyone was getting out and getting purses and things out of the trunk when the Valet guy came up to me and handed me a ticket. When I told him I was just dropping these people off he very politely said no problem and took two or three steps away before turning around, looking at the car and giving a loud "Darnit."

So there you go, if you're trying to decide between a 2+0 or a 2+2 I got two votes for a 2+2 as an adequate LA tour mobile even though it might be slightly less comfortable than those buses with the roof chopped off.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Love it
unfortunately the only chicks that get in the back of my Evora are my 14yrd daughter and her friends from the bands color guard.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Up until I actual sat in the rear ... 2+2 was a must for me. Now that I have actually sat in it ... 2+0 is just fine.

I am only 5'5" and 145lbs and could not imagine being in that seat for more than a block.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No pics, but I imagine I'll have another opportunity eventually and hopefully I'll think to grab a shot. It was pretty funny as one of them had her face sort of pressed into the window and headliner.

I won't dare venture a guess at the size of the girl I don't know very well, but I'll just say on the small side. The one I do know well will likely never see this, so she's 5'5" and (after a very large dinner) was probably pushing 105 lbs. Probably not too far off from your average 14 year old color guard member :)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
great story - i can also attest that the back seat may not be comfortable but it is functional at times and very functional if you are in a spot.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I put one of my friends back there for a 15 minute drive in the city, and it was brutal. He cabbed it on the return, and he's 130 lbs, 5'4".

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Carried a 5'9" thin gal across town a couple times. It's harder on the neck than the legs but she was fine.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Are they keeping their head in front of or behind the roll bar. I tried the back seat a few times and found more space behind the bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts