The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just re-finished one of my headlights, and want to put a UV protective film (wrap) over the plastic. Google searches reveal a lot of sprays, but I don't think they would provide the same level of protection as a film. Any recommendations?

· Administrator
14,952 Posts
Two part Clear Coat

Reactions: Tengai650 and me73

· Registered
462 Posts
I put Xpel film on my front turn signals. Not too hard of a job. A heat gun helps a lot. I’ll be doing the headlights after I refinish them in a couple months. I read that it’s a bit trickier with the aggressive curvature.

· Administrator
14,952 Posts
@SZman Thanks. They offer nothing similar for the Elise. And is PPF a mechanical protection or a UV protection? I need the latter.

@Catsailr27 I'm not sure what you mean by "two part clear coat". Like an epoxy?
Just like what is used on our cars over the basecoat of paint. You can get one rattle can of it. You strike the bottom of the can and it releases the catalyst give a good shake and you're ready to spray.

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Catsailr27 Thanks!. I hesitate to spray something like this, for fear that a run will require a complete repeat of all of the work that I have already done. But thanks for pointing out the option.

Does anyone know of a wrap that provides UV protection?

· Administrator
14,952 Posts
@Catsailr27 Thanks!. I hesitate to spray something like this, for fear that a run will require a complete repeat of all of the work that I have already done. But thanks for pointing out the option.

Does anyone know of a wrap that provides UV protection?
All of the clear PPF provide UV as well as scratch protection. Maybe purchase the last 2' of a roll from a local installer and watch some of the many DIY YT on wrapping and give it a try. 3M is highly rated

Reactions: Tengai650
1 - 10 of 10 Posts