The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sector 111 sells replacement steering arms that allow more camber than the stock arms.

V2arms from Sector111

The shop that does my alignment wants to shave the stock arms instead. It is a little cheaper than installing the Sector 111 arms. I was wondering what were the pros and cons of shaving the stock arms instead of going the Sector 111 route.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think Sector 111s correct some of the bumpsteer when lowering, and I know the ones from Eliseparts have adjustment for bumpsteer because I have them ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
It would be hard for me to give an unbiased opinion. The V2 arms Greatly improve the bump steer characteristics over the stock arms. They as well give you the opportunity to experience more negative camber over OE arms (Just like shaving the OE arms). The kit also includes stainless steel shims down to .5mm to precisely get the camber that you want. I think you would be very happy with the V2 arms over the shaved OE solution. If nothing else they look way cooler :D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I also have the V2 arms... They are worth the little bit extra due to the shims alone (you also get rears). If you shave your arms your going to be stuck at that camber until you buy shims.

I run 1.2-3 camber on the street and then 2.5 during AutoX... I can do the Hoosier A6 4 tire swap + shims at the track in about 15-20 mins now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts