The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neeed a better way to mount your remote reservoirs? Check out our V2mounts. They are a superb way to secure your cannisters. It makes compression adjustments far more positive as the reservoirs are firmly held in place.

Mounted on the Front

Mounted on the Rear of Exige

(Alternative) Mounted to Toe Link

Our kit comes complete to secure all 4 remote reservoirs for all brands: Nitron, Ohlins, JRZ, etc...

·
Registered
826 Posts
I got a set of these on the way, and before I get to far, does anyone have any idea of all the placement options for these resivoirs?

I believe I've seen someone that had the fronts accessible via the top access panels. It'd be neat if I didn't have to crawl on the ground to get to them.

Idear's?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I just ordered a set also. Not sure if removing the access panels is any easier that just reaching behind the wheel. I think it would actually be more time consuming IMHO.

I'll be installing in the next two weeks.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I think the positive of under the access panels would be visibility. I always struggled to see the setting on the front canisters. Mine were located behind the wheel.

I had rear canisters on the diffuser at first. Good visibility, but a pain when you had to remove the diffusers. So then I relocated them to the diagonal braces from the rollbar. Good access but again hard to see for me. I like the location inside the boot the best but installation is a little more involved (either make a larger hole for the canister or re-attach the canisters after installation.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The install directions show some options.

I feel the front mounts located as shown in the picture above is best. This positions the reservoirs close to the Rebound adjusters so you can reach in and adjust both Rebound & Compression.

Placing them under the access panels is trick but requires tools to get to them. Brent eliminated his wiper and mounted his there - very trick and track only!

I like mounting the rears onto the rear triangulation bars best. It gets them off the suspension components and away from the heat of the cat/exhaust.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Any issues with mounting in exposed areas where they get filthy dirty from brake and road dust and wet weather?

·
Registered
825 Posts
If you get some of those quarter turn fasteners for the access panels you'll be able to access the remote reservoirs. I saw this set up on AJ's car and it was very trick and easy to adjust.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any issues with mounting in exposed areas where they get filthy dirty from brake and road dust and wet weather?
Nope. They are sealed but you would do well to clean them on occasion.

Living in CA makes me forget about how dirty my cars used to get when I lived in the Midwest....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts