The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snapped a few pics of a V6 Exige in England last week - left hand drive, too. Just thought I'd share. Ferrari F-40 came to mind when I first saw the back. A nice looking car and you can actually see through the rear window! The color is very similar to their "Jupiter Red" from the '80s. Hopefully we'll get one in the US one day.

Cheers,
Severin

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
what are those black dots for?

·
Registered
262 Posts
thanks OP for the pics!!!

is it still pre production???

want those wing mirrors and side marker lamps... when will they show up on DeRoure?... maybe HKFEVER can make new CF mirror base

ugly grills/mesh... the area in front of the door is too messy, the front wheel vents should have met the front edge of the door...and the tires have tall sidewall like they came from a mini van?!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
thanks OP for the pics!!!

is it still pre production???

want those wing mirrors and side marker lamps... when will they show up on DeRoure?... maybe HKFEVER can make new CF mirror base

ugly grills/mesh... the area in front of the door is too messy, the front wheel vents should have met the front edge of the door...and the tires have tall sidewall like they came from a mini van?!
Working on it already.. Just waiting for the parts to arrive HK....

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
want the front clam

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
It's not just that they reuse the door skin, how many "models" have seen these tail lights? It's getting friggen' rediculous. styling wise, I think it's more Europa than S1/S2 myself.

·
2006 Exige
703 Posts
what are those black dots for?
The black dots on the rear are exactly where the wing would be mounted. The ones on the front are ????. They look like the 'dots' used on the S2 Elige mirrors for covering the bolt holes. Why would there be holes to mount something on the front like that? Is this some kind of test car?

Without the wing and splitter and with the soft top, it reminds me more of an Elise. I do not like the look of this car.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Might quibble with some of the details, the S2 Elige has more than a few drawbacks in the looks department, too. This looks good to me.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
The black dots on the rear are exactly where the wing would be mounted. The ones on the front are ????. They look like the 'dots' used on the S2 Elige mirrors for covering the bolt holes. Why would there be holes to mount something on the front like that? Is this some kind of test car?

Without the wing and splitter and with the soft top, it reminds me more of an Elise. I do not like the look of this car.
To bolt on the gaint rally head lights. :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's cool that you spotted it.

But I'm with some of the others. I don't like the looks. To me it looks like someone put a bad body kit on an S2. I don't think the color helps it any either.

For selfish reasons, I'm hoping it is never street legal in the States.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I think it looked great in person when I visited Hethel earlier this year. *shrug*

I agree it doesn't show in pictures all that well. That color IMO isn't doing it any favors, as it makes it look dingy and dull.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts