The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Aussie Guys will know more about this.
I stumbled onto an Aussie car comic books at B&N called, iirc "Fourpower".

They were covering the Elise racing series down under.

120 or so horse K series circa 800Kg, stock wheels.

The interesting bit was:
Front : 205 45 16 Kumho V700
Rear: 225 45 17 Kumho V700

I'm wondering if this is the same off the rack Kumho available in the USA.

m.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
At least in the US, the Victoracer is not available in 205/45-16, so they're probably talking about the Ecsta V700. I have seen reports saying that the Hoosiers in the same size have been used successfully on an (non-US) Elise, and the Kumhos are more narrow, so there's a good chance that they will fit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The good news: V700's work fine on street running to and from events. I have done this for the last 2 years.

The bad news: they ain't Hoosiers!

Of interest - I have the same size V700, A3SO3 and A3SO4 on same size rims (225/50-14 on 14x6). A3S03's are .5 inch wider, and the A3SO4 is .25 inch wider than A3SO3.

I would be tempted to try V700's, especially when the A048s wear out. At least for local events etc. I'll stick to the Hoosiers for Nationals.

Steve

'94 Miata CS
'05 Elise Saffron(?) LSS/Touring (the wait is hard!)

·
Registered
159 Posts
After driving V700's and hoosier A3S04's back to back I've got to say that the hoosiers really needs a good bit of camber to make them work. I honestly don't think a stock LSS lotus would be much if any faster on the A3S04.

My tire of choice isthe V710, I know it is not available in the right size yet but that is an amazing tire

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The ECSTA V700 needs camber to work well. The good news is, it sounds like the Elise has great camber curves.

I think that the Hoosier A3S04 works great. They do seem to have trouble with excessive shoulder wear...but in my case it was the inner edge (after being flipped) where the cord broke through. The edge cording happens even on cars with tons of camber.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brownsa5 said:
The good news: V700's work fine on street running to and from events. I have done this for the last 2 years.

The bad news: they ain't Hoosiers!

Of interest - I have the same size V700, A3SO3 and A3SO4 on same size rims (225/50-14 on 14x6). A3S03's are .5 inch wider, and the A3SO4 is .25 inch wider than A3SO3.

I would be tempted to try V700's, especially when the A048s wear out. At least for local events etc. I'll stick to the Hoosiers for Nationals.

Steve

'94 Miata CS
'05 Elise Saffron(?) LSS/Touring (the wait is hard!)
I have 16,000 miles on the V700 tires that I use on the se7en.
Probably heat cycled out but still outgrips any street tire (dry).

I reckon they would last 7000 useable dry miles on a 2000Lb Elise.

I think they are the "control" tire for the OZ racing Elise series.

Hoosiers would be lighter and faster with less life.
m.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts