The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help from you V8 guys. I am in the process of installing rear calipers on FrankEnSPRIT and have a question. The parts manuals are reasonably complete in this area, with one exception. There is a sizeable gap between the rear brake mount and the brake caliper on the M8 bolt that anchors the bottom of the caliper. There is no mention of a spacer in the parts manuals that I have been able to find. Is anyone familiar with how these things bolt up?

·
S4s
697 Posts
I need a little help from you V8 guys. I am in the process of installing rear calipers on FrankEnSPRIT and have a question. The parts manuals are reasonably complete in this area, with one exception. There is a sizeable gap between the rear brake mount and the brake caliper on the M8 bolt that anchors the bottom of the caliper. There is no mention of a spacer in the parts manuals that I have been able to find. Is anyone familiar with how these things bolt up?
There are some pictures on this site that might help? Brembo Caliper - TechWiki
NOTE: Don't believe the article about the Monaco calipers being identical. They are 10mm to narrow where the brake pads go and you end up not being able to fit it over the rotor. But I think the piston/cylinder inside are the same.

Do you have a picture of the gap? I think my S4s has the same rear caliper and I can grab you a photo to compare.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a set of the adapters needed to mount the rear Brembo calipers on a non Brembo car. I can get a pic as well if it would help. I actually dont need them any more if you end up needing them.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A photo would be great! I think I am using the appropriate parts for the rear Brembos, at least according to the parts manuals I have. I will post a photo as well of the mounts and calipers. Between the two of us we'll get it sorted!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Photos and a diagram...

The diagram shows the rear brakes and mount. The photos are of the caliper attached to the mount and the caliper attached to the trailing arm.

Rear Brake Diagram.png
20200211_103146[1].jpg
20200211_103200[1].jpg
20200211_103501[1].jpg

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hmmm

So the top mounts up but it leaves a gap at the bottom. Those are the same adapters I have on the shelf. Sorry I am out of experience as I never moved forward with the install. Thinking there has to be a spacer. I will look on my stock pre Brembo 94 and see if there is a spacer there. They are very similar.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mystery solved. There is a sliding sleeve in the hole for the lower bolt. As the head engages the sleeve, it slides out of the caliper until it meets up with the mount. The sleeve was hidden by a rubber outer sleeve on the side opposite the bracket. Kinda nice when one gets resolved without having to buy a part.

20200211_160507[1].jpg

Reactions: carbuff and Erik L
1 - 7 of 7 Posts