The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2003.5 Final Edition with the original set of Dunlops and am looking to replace.

Anyone have experience in putting the below slightly wider replacements - possibly Bridgestones or Michelins - on the same OEM wheels? Choices are definitely a bit limited for the original 235s on the front at least...

Front: 245/40/17
Rear: 295/35/18

Any perspective/opinion would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2003.5 Final Edition with the original set of Dunlops and am looking to replace.

Anyone have experience in putting the below slightly wider replacements - possibly Bridgestones or Michelins - on the same OEM wheels? Choices are definitely a bit limited for the original 235s on the front at least...

Front: 245/40/17
Rear: 295/35/18

Any perspective/opinion would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much!!!
I put Michelin PS2s 295s on the rear with no issues but at the time I was able to get a matched set with the stock front size of 235 so I can't speak for the larger front tire size.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and understood. May just go ahead and try it, reverting back if need be. Just unsure about what seems like the only manufacturer - Sumitomo - making the original matched spec.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,349 Posts
My '88 had Sumitomo tires on it at one point. They were fine. (I understand, however, that your concern is with size rather than tire quality)

Whatever you do, try and keep plenty of tire in the rear. That's the end that has to turn all the mass.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much everyone. That is a nifty tool. Very much appreciate it. Will check out the Nitto's....

Thanks again!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have the Nitto NT-05 in the correct Esprit V8 sizes. They work well, haven't tried them in the rain yet...
Have Nitto's as well. Very pleased. Readily available at several dealers. Felt good on two track days as well. Was cautioned about wet performance by other owners. We kept the speed down in the wet (on the road) and they were fine.

HTH

Stu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts