·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Lillie,
Didn't we run into a nice gentleman @ Symbolic during the Lotus LA meet that was talking about a small V8 he was putting into his Seven? This looks to be it. I pleased to learn how light the engine weighed compared to our 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Caterham released a statement to the effect that they only provided a chassis for the company that is responsible for the engine.
They don't believe this is the direction of evolution for caterham as the machine.
They also remarked that the engine was problematic... which is unusual for them to say.
Cyclone cars in the UK... market a seven clone with a 2.0 bike derived V8 already.
m.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I dont know what Sinclaires are using for a transmission...but they have the engine and their S1 demo car in bits in the workshop - should be an interesting 'demo' car....conversion cost may be £15-20K though by the time its finished !!

·
Registered
637 Posts
bogie said:
I dont know what Sinclaires are using for a transmission...but they have the engine and their S1 demo car in bits in the workshop - should be an interesting 'demo' car....conversion cost may be £15-20K though by the time its finished !!
Wow!!!

I thnk I might take a trip up to romford to see about getting a respray soon. If I can, I'll get photos!

Craigy

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Article in the oct issue of EVO mag.
Caterham have now given this project(moto Power) their tacit blessing, ie, everything but the name.
They haven't sorted the transmission out yet.
40,000 GBP.
m

1 - 10 of 10 Posts