The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a cross reference manufacturer p/n or aftermarket source for the front fog lamps ---- just the halogen bulb / fixture element only.

Other cross references I've seen here and on "The Lotus Forums -- UK" list a SAAB p/n ---- but that is for the entire light fixture assembly, lens / housing / etc.

.....I just need the bulbs, please :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
David
It is a standard H3 bulb. You can get them at any auto parts store. You should look into HID's. Huge difference over halogen bulbs.
Bob

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks ---- got 'em :)

Sylvania OSRAM p/n 64151 (aftermarket p/n 31397) [ H3 / 55 Watt ]

BTW, they (Sylvania) also make a 100 Watt version (same configuration) that plugs right in as well, if you want to go that much brighter. I chose to stick with the 55 Watt bulbs as I don't rely on the driving lights very often, and I did not want run nearly 2X the current draw through the stock wiring. The circuit does have only a 15A fuse, so it would be marginal with the extra juice (200 Watts will pull nearly 17 Amps @ 12 Volts), whereas the (2) 55 Watt bulbs will draw only a bit over 9 Amps. But, you never know with British cars......whenever you start "modifying" anything electrical.....what will happen :p. I certainly would not feel too comfortable just swapping in the 100 Watt bulbs and a 20A fuse and hitting the switch !

Yep, HID is cool --- nice and bright. But, don't you have to install (retrofit) an entire HID transformer / module, etc. to run those bulbs ? That gets to be somewhat of a big deal.... cost and labor wise.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
You would probably melt the housing at 100W. Seen that before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts