The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise as to the name / type of connectors on the V8 fuel lines? Fuelpumps to fuel rails to fuel filter etc. I need to make custom lines and they do not seem to match what I see locally.
Thanks,
Guy

·
Registered
284 Posts
aeroquip makes a "push lock" hose that is a thick wall reinfored gas line that with take the OEM Lotus barbed fitting. Aeroquip also makes the correct "crimp" for the line. I have replaced all my OEM plastic lines with the Aeroquip lines. The local commerical hose shop had the hose and crimps. If you need the aeroquip part number let me know.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered all but one of the connectors from JEGS but I still cannot source the -6 AN connector to the fuel regulator, which is 18mm female nut with a male fitting and O-ring. Does anyone know a source?
Thanks,
Guy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you want to keep the non-adjustable FPR? I am making a aluminum plug w/ o-ring & retaining tab to accept #6 AN fitting so I can run race type AFPR. If you want to retain stock FPR (I've done this), you need to turn down the barbs on the fitting. Then you need a steel #6 plug fitting, bore the plug to accept the turned fitting, then silver solder it. The other end of the fitting in the stock FPR is the seat for the valve, so you need to utilize that part.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also considered using the existing barbed connector as you described (last resort if I cannot find a fitting). Is the FPO so exotic???
Otherwise I woud lbe interested in the AFPR you describe.
Thanks,
Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts