The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I need to replace the main coolant tank on my 2000 V8. Please, does anyone know if this main tank is cross referenced with another manufacturer? I cannot find a used tank. Thanks! Ed

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,861 Posts
Are you talking about the plastic tank on the rear engine bay wall, used on late S4 thru V8 Esprits? See if JAE Parts sells them. (Yes, they crack near the necks)

It was sourced from the VERY popular in the USA, Peugeot 205 Cti/Gti from 1987-1990 (1.6 or 1.9L) . :rolleyes:

Otherwise you could fit an alloy one.

Reactions: gmendoza

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it is for a V8 model, thanks for the replies, I will dig into the search. The plastic one that I have (its located on the rear right of the engine bay) is old and the cap wont close tight enough

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the plastic tank on the rear engine bay wall, used on late S4 thru V8 Esprits? See if JAE Parts sells them. (Yes, they crack near the necks)

It was sourced from the VERY popular in the USA, Peugeot 205 Cti/Gti from 1987-1990 (1.6 or 1.9L) . :rolleyes:

Otherwise you could fit an alloy one.

Thanks! I am not sure if this alloy one that you mention fits in the V8 engine. The shape looks a bit different.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,861 Posts
The picture was in an S4s, but the same tank and mountings were used in V8s.

As was said, make sure the rad cap fits well, and that it has both the spring-loaded small rubber gasket AND a bigger one under the larger part of the cap. Some that Lotus sold as replacements didn't have the bigger rubber seal. (as on the right)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you again, this is extremely useful with the picture. I will definitely order the correct cap. Regards from Spain

The picture was in an S4s, but the same tank and mountings were used in V8s.

As was said, make sure the rad cap fits well, and that it has both the spring-loaded small rubber gasket AND a bigger one under the larger part of the cap. Some that Lotus sold as replacements didn't have the bigger rubber seal. (as on the right)

View attachment 1267827

1 - 8 of 8 Posts