The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Many of us elige guys use that thing. It is fantastic and makes filling a breeze. No bleeding required.

The cheaper version works fine and is about 90$ on amazon

·
Registered
667 Posts
Is this it on Amazon?
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/550500-AirLift-Economy-Cooling-Refiller/dp/B000IHK1VI/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1398186980&sr=1-3&keywords=cooling+system+bleeder[/ame]

I've always had air gurgling in my heater box and I would absolutely love to finally get the system air-free.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Yep that is the one I have works great for eliges. Even though it is the cheaper model it is pretty well built.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
No reason to buy the more expensive ones. It is just made out of brass and comes with other adaptors. But the universal cone shaped one that comes on the cheaper model will work with 99.9999% of cars. Wish I got the cheaper one instead.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Besides that nifty tool you need an air compressor large enough to make it work. It does work well but not 100%. You still will have to bleed the system a little. I mix up 4 gallons (2 of water and 2 of anti-freeze) in a 5 gallon bucket and fill it that way. You don't have to use it but it does speed up the job of refilling and bleeding. Along with that tool you should have a coolant system pressure tester. Other nice to have coolant system tools include:
Test strips to check acidity
A diffraction analyzer to measure the boiling and freezing points
A combustion leak detector
An Infra-Red thermometer to check temperatures
The coolant should be checked annually and replaced every 5 years. The level should be checked once a month.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
my 79$ craftsman 3 gallon compressor evacuated my system just fine though it takes about 2 min. You do need to have a clean bucket for the refill coolant, because you dont want to stop mid process.

I also didnt have to bleed with my exige, and it now runs several degrees cooler than the factory fill (though I did replace the rad).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts