The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valenti Motors has been given the 'go ahead' to send in orders concerning Reservations #'s 10 - 29 on this coming Monday. Lucky '20' should call Bill Reudgen this Monday with their color/option selections. He can be reached at (860) 274 - 8846.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Crap. I just went to my dealer yesterday (park place in Bellevue, WA) and they said they had just been asked to put in the first 5 orders.

Looks like Lotus has decided on their allocation already!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
either that or your dealer quietly ordered 15 cars to their own specs:(

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I am number 30. Wouldn't be surprised if someone ahead of me drops out. What does this mean in terms of expecting delivery of our cars?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nxm150 said:
I am number 30. Wouldn't be surprised if someone ahead of me drops out. What does this mean in terms of expecting delivery of our cars?
Realistically, I would think that #30 would arrive in October if the '5 car' per month deliveries are met beginning with a May delivery. There could be a one month 'swing' either way
if cars arrive in April or June, and again
remember that this is based on a theoretical 5 cars per month. If that figure changes, so will the projected delivery. -ridgeman-

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Smura,

When I was there two weeks ago Rene told me they had put in their order for the first 10 already. Either these are the most unorganized people in the world or they are playing games with us. My money is on the latter...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I talked to the owner of the dealership in St. Louis, and he said that allocation is based on the number of Esprits sold the previous year. So if you are in line I hope you picked a dealership that sells a lot. He said that since Dec. of last year he had ordered seven Esprits from them and his first allocation was about 10. Hope this helps.

On a side point, does anyone know if the first Elise's will have a serial # on them?:confused:

Frank
#4 in St. Louis

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I don't buy it. Past esprit sales may have some role in the final overall allotment for the year, but everything else we have heard said all the dealers contacted initially were asked to submit the same amount of orders - 10. In fact, my dealer (HRM), which at least according to posts on this forum, was the first to make the calls saying Lotus asked for the second round of 10 orders is a new dealer....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Regarding Park Place in Bellevue: Since I'm one of the 1st 9, I'll go down there and ask (I'm out of town this weekend, but I'll try to get there early next week.)

In early January, I was asked to submit my order for the Elise. In fact they seemed rather agitated, they called me several times to make sure I ordered before COB that Saturday (I was OOF early in the week and missed their calls.) They insisted that they had to transmit the orders by Saturday, Jan. 10 if I recall rightly.

If they weren't really going to order them, I don't know why they were acting in that way. They didn't ask me for any more money, I wasn't badgering them repeatedly for Elise status (I think I've asked them about the Elise about 5 times in 3-1/2 years, and not once since the Road and Track article appeared) so...?

The only change in status on my part was they said now my deposit was non-refundable. So if that is worth the "order now" act, that's the only ulterior motive I can see at this time.

I suppose they could have been all wrong about Lotus accepting orders, but why even bother if Lotus hadn't actually asked them?

Hopefully I can find out something new next week.

DLY

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
zvezdah1 said:

Ivan1, please don't play the dreaded "allocation card" ouch!:D
Chris
No, I certainly don't want to open that can of worms again:)

I was just making the point that (and correct me if you have heard differently) that the INITIAL batch of orders, from the most reliable sources was the same for each dealer....

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ivan,
Far as I know, the first order was same for all dealers except FOD who from what I understand only just recently got approval to place the initial order. Canyon Carver can answer that specifically.
Chris

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nxm150 said:
Ridge, did you have to put more money down when placing your order?
No. Was pleased to find out that Mr. Valenti and Arnie go back to 'the year of the flood' and were involved in the very 1st Lotus dealership in the U.S.
(somewhere here in the northeast.) Maybe founders are treated a bit special,
at least with regard to who gets called first on the phone list.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
OH CRAP!! I called Bill at Valenti to see if I made the next 20 and did. I ordered Saffron Yellow and black leather based on ACP's pics.

·
Registered
357 Posts
That has part to do with it - as well as the net promotion of Valenti Motors. I don't think anyone could give Valenti or Bill Reudgen a bad word. They've been fantastic to deal with! Promotion of that kind, may be the kind of love LotusUSA wants from their patrons.

Perhaps 20 or so Elise's worth prior to the rest of the US?

Regardless of the logic - Bill @ Valenti is straight up and a great guy to do business with!

·
Registered
607 Posts
jdl8r said:
... Bill @ Valenti is straight up and a great guy to do business with!
I concur! :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Prolene... You actually got a deposit at Symbolic? I live a couple of miles from there. Got treated like sh!t [albeit, I am compared to their typical customer]. I was one of the first 30 or so people to call them and they wouldn't quote a price or explain to me what a 'market adjustment' was. So I checked around and got a better number at Valenti. My order was placed today...

The worst was when I drove by Symbolic and saw they had a demo car there on the lot. I told em' my story and that Anrie Johnson said I should hit Symbolic when they got a test drive car - and they wouldn't let me take it for a spin. Dinks. With a royal Dink.

I spit that direction everytime I drive by their showroom...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bill thought he'd have that Red 111S, being shown in N.Y.C., by last weekend
but now the word is that it will be coming to him this weekend if anyone is interested. You people in the northeast who haven't had a chance to see the car in person should do so. Unless you're
familiar with the feel and fit of a real small sports car, it would be in your best interest to get in one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts