The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from Valenti offering to sell me their demo for $6,000 over MSRP.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Oh and BTW the Red Elise sold through Valenti is for sale...about 140 miles and the lady can't get in and out of it comfortably due to back issues. I can provide contact info if someone is interested, just PM me.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill said it was someone in Texas.

What were the details on the Red Elise?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Vangman said:
Bill said it was someone in Texas.

What were the details on the Red Elise?
Gotta admit it, I got tired of my dealer's "unallocated" cars so I went for Bill's. Since his is a pre-MSRP increase, and he didn't ask for that much, it's really not that bad.

I was #77 at Overseas, I was starting to fear that I would get the car in 2006 at this rate and I couldn't take it anymore.

One of the Dallas cars went out of state (AK) I bet the service dept will be happy to get one from out of the state to even things out.

I didn't want to say anything until everything was final. I'll take pictures when it gets here next week, I couldn't go there and drive it back since I have a deadline in Sept and didn't want to wait until the end of the month.

BRG / Red / Touring / HT.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Miguel said:
Gotta admit it, I got tired of my dealer's "unallocated" cars so I went for Bill's. Since his is a pre-MSRP increase, and he didn't ask for that much, it's really not that bad.

I was #77 at Overseas, I was starting to fear that I would get the car in 2006 at this rate and I couldn't take it anymore.

One of the Dallas cars went out of state (AK) I bet the service dept will be happy to get one from out of the state to even things out.

I didn't want to say anything until everything was final. I'll take pictures when it gets here next week, I couldn't go there and drive it back since I have a deadline in Sept and didn't want to wait until the end of the month.

Ahhh....how ironic. The same person bitching me out for trying to obtain a car over MSRP does exactly that.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Quote from Miguel from another thread -

If people are willing to buy over MSRP it's equivalent of people buying concert tickets from a scalper. If nobody was willing to buy those tickets, scalpers will be gone. That doesn't mean I side with the scalpers, but I definetly wont side with people buying those tickets. Sure I still have my place in line, but the line will move faster if everyone played in a civil maner.

True, this is not exactly like that, but the buyers willing to pay over MSRP for a used car are the same buyers willing to play the game with the 'unallocated' cars at the dealers, or from speculators.

At the current rate I'm looking into getting my car by 2006 if I wait to pay MSRP.

If you deal with scalpers and speculators you are part of the chain. If that chain didn't exists the lines will move faster for people currently waiting.

If someone didn't want their car from the dealer (and I know this is not the case) and no one was willing to play the premium game, the car will sure be sold to other people on the list at MSRP. If no one on that dealer wanted the car, then I'm sure someone in some other dealer list will want it making the lines move quicker.

So, yeah, my spot is secure, but it's not moving faster when people leave it. Instead I stay on the same spot and someone willing to pay more gets in front of me.

So, I know this is not the same as a dealer doing it, but the buyers involved are the same buyers willing to play the premium game with the dealers, so I won't loose any sleep over failed deals. I call it Karma

I also laught at people cutting everyone off on the highway to get stuck behind a slower vehicle and me passing them. Karma is a beautifull thing

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
As I recall, Miguel's complaint was against people who bitch about people selling over MSRP and then buy over MSRP. I don't recall Miguel bitching about people selling over MSRP. Then again, his complaint was kind of absurd to begin with. I would think that those who wind up buying over MSRP have the MOST right to bitch about it - they're the ones affected by it, after all!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
ive been thinking.....
considering my place in line, (about last), i will probably buy from someone selling theirs.
it seems like in the just the past few months as more cars found their way to peoples hands, more cars are up for sale. i look for this trend to continue. the grim reality is this is a tough car for bigger people to get in and out. or back problems etc as cited above. i think by next year it wont be too hard finding a relatively good deal on a new or just slightly used one...i think this +5k markup on new and used vehicles might be harder for the seller to get by next year....
just my .02

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
You are right nxm,

I was worried that the MSRP would increase and more
"unallocated" cars where going to pop if the selling trend continued. Both things happened already.

I don't think I'm helping matters by doing it after the 1st damage was done. But why should I pass it if someone else is going to take advantage?

If you can't beat them, join them, right? doesn't make it any better and I bet that karma will get me. I hope it gets me later than sooner.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Miguel i know how you can fix the karma thing

Let me deliver your car from valenti to texas

you will be ok in my book:D

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Good for you Miguel! (You did kind give those like me who bought an earlier car at a premium a hard time so we'll put you on probation for....600 miles)

Noone lost a spot in line, rest assured, enjoy your car. Which color did you get, and which options?

BTW I'm about 20 minutes from there if you feel like grabbing a bite to eat or something. (I'm assuming you're driving it back)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Stan said:

BTW I'm about 20 minutes from there if you feel like grabbing a bite to eat or something. (I'm assuming you're driving it back)
I'll take pictures when it gets here next week, I couldn't go there and drive it back since I have a deadline in Sept and didn't want to wait until the end of the month.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Miguel: No one likes giving in to the lure of this wench but what can we do? She looks at us with those sexy, slanted eyes
that bid us welcome and we, as loving mortals, have no ability to resist her intoxicating charms.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Miguel said:

miggy, i would have never guessed you would cross the line!!!!

jk - to each his own....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts