The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Valenti Motors and Maplecrest

anyone have experience with this dealer, if so who should i contact about the elise at valenti motors. also anyone deal with maplecrest lotus of summit thanks

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Talk to Bill Reudgen at Valenti Motos, pretty straight forward guy!

·
Registered
273 Posts
on puresportscar someone posted that they went to the dealership and bought it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
oops sorry I misread your post I thought it was a question and not a statement.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
yeah, someone bought it right after i talked to him.....
he originally had someone coming to buy the british racing green and was gonna use kg as a demo.....i guess the kg guy showed up first, and like a true salesman, he sold the kg...i imagine the british rg is the demo now...i dont know.
its not a question of affording it to me...if i wanted to pay 6k over it would be mine.
i decided to get something elsewhere....
im sure whoever bought the kg will be happy with it just the same, and if hes happy, then thats all that really matters

but as far as a straightforward guy??
i would have maybe bought the car if he didnt tell me he planned to demo the car for 6 weeks. i told this straightup guy i would be interested, but not in a demo for 6k over...he tells me "too bad." takes my name and number and says he'll call when the car is available...
he turns around an hour later and sells it...
some people are good salesmen, like tyler james at fox valley and mark starr at hrm, and some salesmen are nothing but whores. sorry, just not how i conduct business....

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I was not impressed with my Valenti experience either and pulled out. Just find a place that works for you, I did. No reason not to do so.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Well I'm glad Bill sold me his car. And he treated me with respect and worried about where my car was since I didn't see it for a month after the trucking company picked it up.

I wasn't too worried because my workload at the time kept my mind on other things, but he kept on reminding me, and he found out where the car was.

I know nothing about your experiences, but I have nothing by praises for him. He did cut my wait by at least one year, I know it was at a price. But not having this car was consuming me.

Bill and I had a verbal agreement when I told him I wanted his personal car, and he waited until the bank transfer the money a week later. But if you say that you are going to get it from someone else, then why shouldn't he sell it to the next person interested?

I guess that what I mean is that if he gives you his word on something you can take that to the bank, that is being straight forward to me.

HRM has cars available for a premium as well, how is that different?

And telling you that that was a demo car is straight forward, to me that means that he doesn't lie.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It appears that several dealers are looking to profit now. I got call for Lotus of Atlanta telling me that they have three cars available. I can take my pick for $3500 over plus a $250 PDI fee. The PDI fee is overkill. I will call back and make a lesser offer. I refuse to play this game. The buyer loses in the end.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
miguel i think u mis understood what i was trying to say....
short version.....
he told me the kg was NOT available for 6 weeks cause he needed it as a demo....i told him i didnt have a problem with paying his premium, but only if i could take delivery immediately, NOT for a demo car.....i even called him back and asked him if he was set on having it as a demo...the answer was "yes." then he asked if i would like to give a deposit and when hes done using it as a demo, it would be mine...the answer was "no."
its fine, bill sold his car, i dont begrudge the buyer one bit, i really hope hes happy...i went elsewhere and found a better deal...
ill share it with y'all in due time.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I don't know that I would blame Bill. I was there when the buyer first saw the car; she was a previous customer with an A8L, and was talking to her Audi salesperson about the car. She had no idea what it was, sat in it, and bought it without driving the car (not that they would take it out in the snow). Bill was not there-he is off on Friday. So perhaps she made her deposit without Bill knowing.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
thats interesting.....i had called inquiring about the car the night b4....i was told the only person who knew anything abt the lotus' was bill, and he was gone for the day.....they couldnt even give me a price or what options if any options were on the car.....they said i had to talk to bill...funny they could sell such a car without him...
my understanding was they just had gotten the car in and was not yet a demo, but that was the plan....
hey, im not making this **** up....
look, i really dont care, everybody won in the end, but the originator of this post asked a question and i think im qualified to answer.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Didn't intend to question your experience, evomind. My $ .02. You've probably been dealing with them longer than I have. They have been good with me, but then I'm looking at a bit of a wait since I don't want my car until the snow and road crud clears. After lurking on the site for nine months, I can say that "straightforeward" has come to define that someone gets my check moments before I hit the start button (as good as any dealer may be).

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
hey no problem brian 111....im sure many more people have had positive experiences with valenti and bill...
i hope it was just one of those things...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Allow me to clear up the "rumors" about Valenti...

I bought the Krypton Green Elise.

Brian is correct. I was picking up the Audi from servicing, and saw the car on the lot. I asked about it, looked at it, and told my salesperson I'd like to buy it. I didn't drive it until I picked it up today. I had never heard of an Elise or seen one until that day. I had no clue they were so much in demand, or that there were waiting lists until I researched it later that evening. That's when I found this forum and the other, and learned about the car.

Nxm150 - him is a her. Me. It was 6k over, and you're right, no big deal. I traded in a BMW and walked away with cash back in the end. (Still have the Audi A8L)

I don't know Bill; he did answer some questions today when I took delivery, and was very helpful. I don't think Bill intentionally misrepresented the availability of this car to anyone. He probably had no clue until he came to work and found out it was "gone". So please don't blame Bill - he seemed like a very nice man! My salesperson did say today that he had never sold a Lotus before, but that the dealership policy is that a returning customer always gets their original salesperson, unless they request someone else. My salesperson was wonderful the first time around, and I had no reason to talk to anyone else. I was unaware that there was a specific salesperson for the Lotus line.

If this car was supposed to be for someone else, or available to someone else, then I'm sorry. I had no idea. I asked if I could buy it and the answer was yes. I understood there was a premium, but I don't complain when I save over sticker price, and no one forced me to buy this. Maybe I did get preferential treatment because I bought an A8 in June, and am planning to get an A4 for my daughter. That makes me a loyal customer I suppose, which does have some privileges. Also, I came to Valenti after miserable experiences with the Bimmer I had purchased across the street.

The car had 27 miles on it when I picked it up; it may have had a day as a demo. It was snowing when I saw it, so it didn't go anywhere that day. And today it rained.

I certainly hope I haven't cause anyone else to lose out. If so, again, I'm sorry.

The car is great!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
No need to feel sorry for buying an Elise. Enjoy it!

Has your husband driven it yet Heidi? If so, what were his thoughts?

P.S. Make sure you do two things with the radio.

1. Change the location setting from euro to USA.
2. Change the EQ setting to PRESET and then DISCO. The default setting is crap.
3. Get a CD full of MP3s. They will skip less and you can have 150+ songs on one CD.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Wow.. when else have you ever seen a production car where such a huge portion of the buyers are in communication like this. It's awesome! Salesmen can't get away with anything without a whole lot of daylight. :)

In any case, it sounds like they offered heidi the car on better terms (no demo) than evomind, probably in deference to past & future car sales.

This kind of thing (and stinkier things) goes on at most dealerships every single day, only most of the buyers don't end up talking to each other and finding out they didn't get the best deal. Viva l'Internet!

Me, I just want to see pictures! KG is such a weird color to photograph, every magazine tints it differently. Is it that far out of gamut for a digital camera?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts