The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Unit-This is good for anyone that has a laser diffuser system installed and do not need the laser detection.

V1 Description: First V1 series, with X, K, and “wideband” Ka covering 34.2-35.2 GHz. No laser warning.

Comment: this version was excellent in the early 90s, but subsequent introduction of “superwide Ka (33.4-36.0 GHz)” radar means that it won’t find some of today’s most commonly used Ka radar guns.

SELLING FOR $175 Shipped

SECOND UNIT - I had it velcro onto the back of my exige rollbar, when i removed the velcro it took off the surround sticker but the serial number is still full intact

V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.7 gives high performance on all radar bands. Also,it remembers your “mode” setting when shut off. Has stack of four LEDs on front panel for band identification. Front and rear laser.

Upgrade Recommendation: While this version is not quite up to today’s V1 standard for Ka, it’s almost always good enough, and always better than detectors from other makers. X and K performance is excellent. Upgrading merely to improve radar performance is not cost effective, in my opinion, unless you’re concerned about the POP Mode operating in your area. Upgrading does bring other benefits, including our latest laser warning (front and rear), which outperforms the competitors by a wide margin, and POP Protection. Also, you'll get the new Euro Mode.

SELLING FOR $250.00 Shipped

Both units in excellent working condition. Comes with detector, suction cup, and power cord only.

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
The factory can also upgrade them to current specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts