The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Elise previously set-up with a V1 hardwire. The previous owner kept his v1, and left me the HUD and bundled communications wire under the dash. The car also has a master power switch beside the handbrake.

I'd like to get my v1 running to the hardwire, but I know next to nothing about electrical systems.

He must have had the v1 hardwired to the cig lighter power, and the cig lighter power was controlled by the master switch next to the handbrake.

What I know is:
1) the cig lighter is connected to the main power line between the seats, but it has no power. The hazard lights and door lock switch also come from this line I believe, but those switches work. First check would be the fuse right? Where can I find the fuse to cig lighter?

2) the master power switch beside the handbrake does not appear to be connected to anything. I could not confirm because I could not raise the 'shield' around the handbrake and shifter without disconnecting the power to the door locks and hazard lights. I'm afraid re-making those connections will be difficult.

Could someone please tell me where to find the appropriate fuse, and also provide some insight on how to completely remove and replace the plastic shield that goes around the handbrake and shift column? If I can at least do that on my own, I could find an electrician to look at the wiring.

fyi I'm in MD if anyone wants to take a look at it at the great falls C&C Saturday.

Also, what are the green connections in the attached pic for? Traction control?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3RF86ase0qQUhtakNvRlBXYXFXMUpFNzhWeklzaDVMWW5N/edit?usp=sharing

·
Registered
945 Posts
Could someone please tell me where to find the appropriate fuse, and also provide some insight on how to completely remove and replace the plastic shield that goes around the handbrake and shift column?
The lighter socket fuse is the 20A one in position 1 in the main fusebox (under the passenger's side front access panel).

The plastic shield is held on by two screws, the hazard and door lock wires, the shift boot, and the parking brake handle.

First remove the two screws. Then lift up on the plastic shroud. Feel underneath for the connectors and unplug them.

The door lock plug is on a wire, a few inches down from the switch. Run your hand up to the switch, then back along the wire and you'll find it.

The hazard plug is on the back of the button - reach up in there and you should feel it.

Both plugs have little tabs - squeeze and remove.

Unplug both of these plugs and remove the handbrake handle using the two set screws under the handle. Then you should be able to lift the center plastic free. You can choose to either remove the whole shift knob assembly or simply cut the zip-tie holding the boot to the knob. On my car, I could slide the boot over the shifter without removing it, although it may be a tight fit.

On my '06 the traction control connector is a single green plug, not two green bullet connectors like that.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Make it easy. I ran a hardwire from my passport (mr c mount over rear interior light). Down center channel/tunnel. To under dash. Tap a Fuse off c2. Also mounted the remote mute. Easy. 45 minute job.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
The wires in your picture are for the seat belt switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts