The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use K band radar anymore in California or Nevada? The entire time I have lived in California (LA+SF) I have only seend Ka band being used, I've already turned off X, can I safely turn K off also?

·
Registered
398 Posts
K band is still used by some municipal police (West Sacramento, for example) as well as radar-based speed signs on the road (Your current speed is: XX)

I turned off my X-band, but keep my K and Ka bands on.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You just press the button in and it will go from lowercase L (xband off) to L (L ,K and Ka band on)

K band is STILL used in some parts, and it has surprised me to see that it was indeed a cop. this was in LA, and in central california, sacramento, modesto area

·
Registered
580 Posts
You just press the button in and it will go from lowercase L (xband off) to L (L ,K and Ka band on)
That's not how the logic modes work. L (advanced-logic) does not turn off X band. It ignores X hits unless the signal is strong enough for the detector to consider it a real alert, in which case it does so. l mode (logic) does the same, only instead of filtering low-power X hits, it alerts them at the mute volume. Both modes will go to full alert for X if the signal is strong enough.

The only way you can turn bands on or off is via the programming menu. If you've turned off X band, there's no real reason to use either of the logic modes. Same goes for disabling K.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for info guys...guess I will keep K on, and holy crap K band in LA? scary, so many door openers and security systems using that band

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That's not how the logic modes work. L (advanced-logic) does not turn off X band. It ignores X hits unless the signal is strong enough for the detector to consider it a real alert, in which case it does so. l mode (logic) does the same, only instead of filtering low-power X hits, it alerts them at the mute volume. Both modes will go to full alert for X if the signal is strong enough.

The only way you can turn bands on or off is via the programming menu. If you've turned off X band, there's no real reason to use either of the logic modes. Same goes for disabling K.
Correct. I was just keeping it simple and easy.

Kaz: There was a patrol car with K band in Reseda (in LA) that was using it. I thought it was a door opener at first but then i noticed it wouldnt go away.. 15 seconds later a patrol guy passed me, and pulled a guy over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.