The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think prices/value of these cars will go down, stay the same, or go up in the next several years? I'm asking because I'm thinking of trading a very nice, nicely done factory five Shelby Cobra for one. Don't think the Cobra prices will go down in the future. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
The earlier Exige models have appreciated in the last 2 - 3 years.

The earlier Elise models have bottomed out and its value has slightly increased over the last 2 - 3 years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to know. That was a concern of mine. If I trade I didnt want to end up losing money in a few years as the Cobra shouldn't lose any value.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Nice to know. That was a concern of mine. If I trade I didnt want to end up losing money in a few years as the Cobra shouldn't lose any value.
This topic comes up here a couple times a month. Do a search, lots of discussion. Bottom line is nobody knows, but everyone has an opinion.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Agree 100% with Sturgeon as I plan to drive the wheels off mine, but my "opinion" is Elises will continue to increase in value. I factored this into my decision to purchase a few weeks ago, just in case it does not work out like I hope ;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Agree 100% with Sturgeon as I plan to drive the wheels off mine, but my "opinion" is Elises will continue to increase in value. I factored this into my decision to purchase a few weeks ago, just in case it does not work out like I hope ;)
I bought mine a few weeks ago as well and I can tell you that the appreciation or depreciation did not matter much to me. I love the cars. Since I was 15 I knew I wanted an Elise. Ten years later i have one. and it happens to be the nicest one I've ever seen! The fact that i'll be keeping the car forever means that the value is infinite! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts