The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can go online to find out the trade-in value vs. private seller value for my Elise? I have looked everywhere and cannot find a site. KBB does not have it listed as an option. :shrug:

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Does anyone know where I can go online to find out the trade-in value vs. private seller value for my Elise? I have looked everywhere and cannot find a site. KBB does not have it listed as an option. :shrug:

Thanks!
Another one you could try is the NADA online book, but I don't know if it will have exactly what you want. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Why don't you list the specs on the car here? There should be enough experience with selling and trading Elises to give you a good idea.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Why don't you list the specs on the car here? There should be enough experience with selling and trading Elises to give you a good idea.
Feedback from users, dealers, etc suggests that people on LotusTalk tend to guess low when talking about a car's value, for various reasons. That's part of the reason we don't allow price discussion in for sale threads, the real value of a car is what someone will pay for it at the time and place of sale, not what someone paid two months ago for a car with almost similar specs located in an entirely different part of the country.

In this case, I expect trade in value will be very difficult to estimate and will depend on who the car is being traded in to - Lotus dealer or not, what part of the country they're in, and what inventory they already have on hand.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Check cars.com and autotrader.com for 2005 Elise used prices.

·
Registered
332 Posts
A good indicator is Craigslist.com and ebay.com (buy-it-now option) Thsese should give you a rough estimate of the going-rate.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Feedback from users, dealers, etc suggests that people on LotusTalk tend to guess low when talking about a car's value, for various reasons. That's part of the reason we don't allow price discussion in for sale threads, the real value of a car is what someone will pay for it at the time and place of sale, not what someone paid two months ago for a car with almost similar specs located in an entirely different part of the country.

In this case, I expect trade in value will be very difficult to estimate and will depend on who the car is being traded in to - Lotus dealer or not, what part of the country they're in, and what inventory they already have on hand.

I certainly agree with you but a rough estimate is better than walking into the dealership totally having them dictate price and bending over.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Without knowing the specifics on the car, can't really say. But mine was an '05 with 18K miles and dealers quoted me $25K (Lotus dealer), $26500 (BMW dealer), and $27400 (BMW dealer after I hammered on them for a bit). That's trade-in. For comparison, they listed it for $34900. Don't know what it sold for, but I saw it again on eBay :( at $31K and change.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
With all the Lotus dealers on this board, I would think at least one could help give an idea on the trade-in value.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts