The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently bought an Elise which has these HRE C20 wheels and one of the valve stems seems to be leaking. The local tire and wheel shops seem to be clueless as to how to find a replacement and was wondering if any of you knew where I could obtain some valve stems. If possible, it would be nice to find somewhere close to me in Rancho (Southern California Inland Empire) so I could take care of this problem this weekend.

Thanks.

·
Registered
606 Posts
What leaks? Valve stem to wheel interface or the valve stem itself?

Maybe you should find a wheel shop with half a clue ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The little rubber grommet which provides the seal between the rim itself and the stem is the culprit. It is a type of seal which is pretty unique to HRE wheels I guess. Id like to find a wheel shop with half a clue but like I said im pretty new to custom wheels and its difficult to flag down a guy in a porsche and ask him where he got his wheels. The previous owner ordered the wheels from the internet I guess and dosent have a good idea where to obtain the stems.

I dont have a great picture, and im a bit embarrased about the size/color of the wheels. Im not sure yet if me and the previous owner share the same tastes, but theyre starting to grow on me. It could just be me rationalizing my choice of Elise to purchase, im not sure. Anyway, here is a shot. I still need to get a nice digital camera and take some better pictures of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I don't know I think they look good. If they're not to heavy. I like the deep dish in the rear. Gold isn't really my thing, but it works on your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts