The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hmmm.... 1) I don't get it (Hair Shirt?) and, 2) you get 8 characters on your plates?

I suppose you could do the Soup Nazi thing and go with: NoLSS4U

Or you can be a bit more blatant: 2FST4U

Or you can just proclaim: ALLMINE

With LSS, I like: CRNRHRD (Corner Hard) or CONEPRO or SPINDOC

My personalized plate will just proclaim my alma mater: USC (Fight on, Trojans!)

Bob

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
rtking said:
Hmmm.... 1) I don't get it (Hair Shirt?) and, 2) you get 8 characters on your plates?

I suppose you could do the Soup Nazi thing and go with: NoLSS4U

Or you can be a bit more blatant: 2FST4U

Or you can just proclaim: ALLMINE

With LSS, I like: CRNRHRD (Corner Hard) or CONEPRO or SPINDOC

My personalized plate will just proclaim my alma mater: USC (Fight on, Trojans!)

Bob
Hmmm, BAKACHE...CASTR8...

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I think it says Hair Short...but I dont get that either. I can see several possible meanings but none that strike me.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HIstory lesson, isn't hairshirt what religious zealots wore as a sign of sacrifice for their religious beliefs, think it was horsehair and said to be extremely unpleasant.

Also, seem to recall at some point in history it was used on criminals and/or insane asylum inmates.
Just guessing
Chris

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I got a Yosemite plate that says "PURE S/C"... sports car I can almost taste it now! After sitting in the car at the Tahoe event I'm done!!
Laser Blue/blk LSS only!
Cheers!!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
My present plate is also a Yosemite plate.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not a big fan of vanity plates in general since it stands out too much and most are corny anyway......But then again just driving an Elise is going to stand out enough already. Probably no one will even look at the plates on one of these when they see one coming down the road...especially in a color like CO.

But if I was going with a vanity plate I would try for:

LILLOTUS (you get 8 letters in New York).

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even more obscure than I thought

Hmm, don't any of you guys remember the comment from Nick Adams of Lotus that for someone using the car as a daily driver on typical U.S. roads, the LSS really isn't suitable, unless that driver is really a "hairshirt", that is someone who is willing to suffer quite a lot?

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Ah, I guess I didn't get it either. I was thinking "Hair Short", as in it's a hair short of an Exige... but what do I know? :D

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
yeah well, education sometimes comes when you least expect it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I reserved two plates for next year.
ON RAILS N TRAILS
ELISE 01 WRANGLER

1 - 13 of 13 Posts