The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have my COVID-19 appointment with our state's DMV tomorrow to register our new 2020 Evora GT and get plates for it. I'm not usually a vanity plate guy but if we can dream up a good one for this car I'd consider it.

"LOTUS" is already taken in our state, but "L0TUS" is available. Frankly, "Evora" isn't an inspiring name so I'm not doing that. I've seen "CAMRY V6" and "COVID-19", neither of which I liked. I'm not into putting my name on things.

We have up to seven characters to play with but our family hasn't been able to come up with anything.

If you have a good idea, please share! We have until 10:30a tomorrow to decide. Thanks!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
I had narrowed it down to three for when I picked my plate. Here were those:

SL0WTUS
G00GLIT
T0Y0TUS

·
Administrator
1,446 Posts
LOcdTUS

·
Registered
391 Posts
Where you live are license plates on the front and back of the car? If on the front, maybe figure out a clever mirror image set of letters so people in front of you will be able to read it in their rearview mirror

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the reverse image idea, but I'm hoping to avoid a front plate!

·
Registered
877 Posts
LO TUSH

has been on our cars since the 2005 Elise

Reactions: Driver Dave

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm back from the DMV. Went with a traditional plate. Thank you for the suggestions but none of them really resonated. I confirmed that the DMV will happily take more of our money at any time in the future if we change our minds. {grin}

The good news: I managed to convince the DMV gal to let me keep the original Certificate of Origin! They normally retain those in trade for titling the car the first time. But I told her that original paperwork is important with a car like this, so she called around and got permission to take a copy of both sides for their records. They also made her stamp the original "Cancelled" to indicate that it has performed its function (generating the first titling of the vehicle), but at least I have the original to go along with the original window sticker, etc. I'm trying to maintain a careful paper trail for this vehicle.

The bad news: When I started the car after walking out of the DMV, the airbag light flashed and then stayed on. I haven't touched the battery, the car gets driven at least every couple of days, the engine started strong all day so no indication of low voltage, etc. No obvious reason that it would run just fine to the DMV and then complain afterwards. Maybe a Lotus is so smart that it felt my pain of writing the check for the sales tax.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts