The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is some of the funniest $hit I've seen in a while:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/blueplate/blueplate.html

Anyone get away with any variations on one of these plates?

I'm still hoping my application for SIZMTRS doesn't get rejected- I'm talking about the car for god's sakes people! My mind isn't in the gutter ;) it's other people's :D

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
This brings back memories of a friend who restored his grand father's 1950 Studebaker. The California DMV refused to allow him to have the plate "50 STUD" (they only had six characters at the time), because it was offensive...:rolleyes:

I think he was allowed to get "50 STUDE" when they went to seven characters...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My fave (so far) from these reports is "4KAU". The "A" gives it a little Italian flair :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
GD DOL...

I wanted "69" on my Sunbeam Tiger but the local DOL thought that was too nasty.

So I got "LXIX" with no problem (think roman numerals :no:)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I cant believe a woman complained about this plate: RAIN SUX

It was on a small red convertible...she found the phrase "sux" to be offensive to her small children. WTF?

People have way too much time on their hands.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
all symptomatic of the overly politically correc tmentality. who gves a **** if some dim thinks rain sux is offensive. she should hide under a rug

·
Registered
670 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
I cant believe a woman complained about this plate: RAIN SUX

It was on a small red convertible...she found the phrase "sux" to be offensive to her small children. WTF?

People have way too much time on their hands.
I did a lot of work on the two Kill Bill movies. If you saw KB1 you saw the truck "Pussy Wagon". That truck really exists and was taken by Tarentino after the filming. While the sound mix was going on at our facility he drove it in one day. Can you imagine what mothers said to their children when stopped behond this truck at a light ?

"Yes honey that man loves cats"

Steve

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Can we ever forget "Pussy Galore" in Goldfinger? I still vividly remember the way Sean Connery pronounced her first name when he meets her.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I used to have "A PROBE" for my license plate on my Ford Probe.

People that didnt understand it must have thought that I was a proctologist

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
BALLS DEEP:eek:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Randy Chase said:
BALLS DEEP:eek:
I think that's why CA DMV asks for an explanation when you apply for a personalized plate. Even if they can't figure it out, they are a suspicious group, so you need to provide a plausible interpretation or they nix your plate on principle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts